Dimentions map pack

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
gemwrecker

Post » 16 Feb 2014, 21:03

Yep, the full has been released. Not to mension how long this has taken. Why is because it was a nightmare to make all these camera angles. And all those coordinates...

But anyway, it's done. From the demo, which a lot of you liked, to the full 15-20 minutes gameplay. So how it simply works is that it's using customized camera features, instead of the "Follow Mario" camera. What it does is that instead of following Mario, it get locked at it's position, and swaps place when Mario is trying to exit the screen, without losing sight of Mario. To that, the gameplay is completely unique from the original Mari0, and will probably take away the feeling of Mari0 from you (I do not take responsibillity if you get bored of playing originally because of this). But also, there's more!

All the features:
New camera features (As mensioned).
15-20 minutes of gameplay (Sorry, I couldn't take more of it, these coordinates...).
One new feeling for Mari0.
Three different endings (Apart from the old ones, the new one is really hard to get to).
Psychological (May cause headache, at some points).
Uses original textures.
Images, at your disposal (Outdated, was too lasy to make new. Still, gives you the point of it.):

The old trailer (Outdated):

Walkthrough, if you are stuck:

Note: The map pack had to be splitted up in mulitple "Parts". Why is because of crashing reasons.
Part 1 (If you have played the demo, you can skip this one): http://www.mediafire.com/download/yld1r ... _pt._1.zip
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bvte3 ... _pt._2.zip
Part 3: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sba4b ... _pt._3.zip
Part 4: http://www.mediafire.com/download/optvn ... _pt._4.zip

HansAgain

Post » 16 Feb 2014, 21:44

This mappack is awesome, but i barely get the plot of it.
You are really good at making mappacks.

OrbitalBlueprint

Post » 16 Feb 2014, 22:14

I love this mappack. It has to be one of my favorite mappacks I've ever played. The camera changing... wow, that was so unique. Sucks that it are four different parts, but who cares? This mappack is awesome!

EDIT: I've got 2 endings out of three. Trying to get the last one!

gemwrecker

Post » 16 Feb 2014, 22:59

OrbitalBlueprint wrote:I love this mappack. It has to be one of my favorite mappacks I've ever played. The camera changing... wow, that was so unique. Sucks that it are four different parts, but who cares? This mappack is awesome!

EDIT: I've got 2 endings out of three. Trying to get the last one!
The last one's tough to get! Check the walkthrough if you can't solve it, I won't blame you.

MissingWorld

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 01:35

Well, I gave it my best shot, but honestly the size of the map is a real double-edged sword. It allows a great sense of scale on the designer's part, but can easily cause a huge problem on the player's side. In fact when I tried to play it, The most speed I managed to get out of it was a whopping 2 frames per second. From what I have seen of it though, it looks great and seems like it would play great, it's just that any computer I have access to it simply won't allow my own chance to play it. I'm positive that I can't be the only one with this problem, though.

gemwrecker

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 13:30

MissingWorld wrote:Well, I gave it my best shot, but honestly the size of the map is a real double-edged sword. It allows a great sense of scale on the designer's part, but can easily cause a huge problem on the player's side. In fact when I tried to play it, The most speed I managed to get out of it was a whopping 2 frames per second. From what I have seen of it though, it looks great and seems like it would play great, it's just that any computer I have access to it simply won't allow my own chance to play it. I'm positive that I can't be the only one with this problem, though.
From what I can see, not many others are experiencing this problem. If you haven't yet, try to turn on VSync. It syncronizes the frames to give a more balanced and reliable framerate. If that doesn't help, then I can't do anything more.

Also, the slow framerate may be caused because of the amount of blocks vertically. Horizontally, only the blocks on the screen renders. But not vertically. Don't know what's up with that but maybe we need to report it to Maurice. Only blocks on-screen should be rendered, but it doesn't do that vertically. It renders it all instead.

gemwrecker

Post » 09 Mar 2014, 18:24

Note to everyone: This map pack is temporarily broken until Maurice has fixed locked scrolling.

The camera, for some reason, follows Mario instead of staying at it's place, which is a serious issue for this map pack. I can't do anything about it, without you either have to go back to version SE Beta 7 fix, or ignore this map pack until the problem is fixed. And yes, I won't port it until it's fixed. But it will be ported, I promise. I have already ported it on my computer.