Vine Jungle [SE]

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
MagicPillow

Post » 09 Feb 2014, 03:32

I've been working on this since SE beta came out...
This is a short mappack with 2 normal levels and a boss fight.
It contains:
-custom enemies
-3 levels
-an ending
Story:
Your village has been taken over by an evil king who's brainwashed everyone into thinking you're evil.
The king has thrown you out into the jungle, and it's your job to return, defeat him, and restore peace to the village.
Screenshots:
Image Image Image
Changelog:

Code: Select all

V 1.0:
-Release!
V 1.1:
-Added plus mode
-Removed portal gun on last level
V1.2:
-Fixed Ending
-Fixed music on 1-2_1 and 2-2_1
Download!
Last edited by MagicPillow on 11 Feb 2014, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.

MagicPillow

Post » 10 Feb 2014, 05:59

Sorry for the double post, but version 1.1 is here!
It adds a plus mode at the end of the mappack.
Plus mode has the same levels as normal mode, but with more enemies, holes, and pink grass!

Smear-Gel

Post » 10 Feb 2014, 19:20

This was actually really good! I loved everything about it.

The time limit on 1-2 was a but short though but I made it. And 1-3 was a delightful surprise.

MagicPillow

Post » 11 Feb 2014, 02:10

New Update!
Turns out that update was a complete failure.
Plus mode was added, but was completely inaccessible ouside of the editor.
This update fixes that, and a few other problems.

renhoek

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 12:46

Well time to review another map.

I'm liking what I've seen in the screens so far so I'm expecting it to have some quality.
1-1
- I don't know how I was supposed to know the red things on the vines would hurt me.
This was pretty good so far. good design choice putting the mushrom under the vines as it shows there's a path above.

1-2
I've still yet to find any major problems with the map so far, and the map's done a good job so far without kicking me in the nuts.

1-3
- why was I hit only to immediately get a mushroom in the next room? you could have just made the enemy fire resistant.
- There's music overlap after the boss.
My first thoughts for the level was "oh god it's one of those forced small levels" but thankfully it was just a fight.

2-1
- why'd you add holes in the vines if they still kill you anyway?
I'm guessing I've completed the game seeing as this is just a pink version of level 1 with a few more enemies here and there, though I'll continue playing through just for completions sake.

2-2
Outside of a few extra enemies and a new coat of paint there's nothing new here.

2-3
- the balls stopped bouncing so now I'm stuck. had to cheat to win.

Well this wasn't to bad, I enjoyed what I played although the bonus world felt kinda half assed but I guess it's better then nothing as a reward.
If I could rate the experience I'd give it an 3/5 (I think I can do better with 5's then 10's) it's very average as the map takes about 5 minutes to complete on both worlds but the three levels feel really different from each other (aside from world 2)

it's definitely worth a look if need one or two minutes to kill.

So to expand on this review thing I'm going to take requests for maps.
The guidelines are I'm only going to do it if
1. It's SE compatible
2. It either has a full release or a demo
3. I feel like it.
you can suggest your own but I will go into it with really low expectations so I suggest you ask for other peoples map.

Smear-Gel

Post » 20 Feb 2014, 21:23

I couldn't beat the boss of world 2. A bit disappointed it was just a pink world 1, I was hoping it was a map that changed with each season or something like that.