[0.6.5]Bad Science [SE]: Half update.

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
HansAgain

Post » 24 Jan 2014, 19:11

Bad introduction:
+ Hello there!
I want to show you a new mappack, it's original! and it's pretty good!
- Yeah?
+ Yeah!
- And what's its name?
+ Bad Science!
- ¬.¬
+ Believe me, this mappack is good.

Since i need the GIF tiles to work correctly to make 3-3, i just could finish the first two levels of the third world.
Enjoy!

Bad screenshots:
World 1:
World 2:
Bad progress:
Chapter 1(Troll tests): 100%
Chapter 2(No portalgun tests): 100%
Chapter 3(Single portal gun tests): 50%
Chapter 4(Dual portal gun tests): 0%

Bad downloads:
Mah Update 0.6.5.ZIP
.ZIP
.RAR

Hope you enjoy this. If you found sonething wrong, tell me, i will fix it.

Hey i fixed all the spelling mistakes. But if something doesn't make sense, it's Firaga's fault.

PS: Until Maurice fixes the animated tiles i won't be able to finish the third world. If you want me to complete the mappack with shameful tests, tell me that i don't need to use GIF tiles.
Last edited by HansAgain on 12 Feb 2014, 18:44, edited 3 times in total.

OrbitalBlueprint

Post » 24 Jan 2014, 19:15

Seeing how Luigi often gets treated in the Mario games (as a coward, less than Mario etc...), this mappack is absolutely hilarious. It fits the style of Mad Science perfectly. When can we expect the HD version?

Mari0Maker

Post » 24 Jan 2014, 19:43

Wow, this looks awesome. I'm definitely going to try this out. Great as always, Hans!

Firaga

Post » 24 Jan 2014, 19:57

Thought it would be a map with brand new tiles and backgrounds and stuff, not reused things from Mad Science, to spicen things up. That's a little disappointing.
Otherwise, good map. Puzzles are interesting.
I'd recommend not making the background white in that completely white room, it sort of blocks out the text a bit (no idea if SE has the ability to change text color).
There are a few spelling mistakes though, I'd be happy to see if I could help with spelling when the map is later in development.

HansAgain

Post » 12 Feb 2014, 18:46

Firaga wrote:Thought it would be a map with brand new tiles and backgrounds and stuff, not reused things from Mad Science, to spicen things up. That's a little disappointing.
Otherwise, good map. Puzzles are interesting.
I'd recommend not making the background white in that completely white room, it sort of blocks out the text a bit (no idea if SE has the ability to change text color).
There are a few spelling mistakes though, I'd be happy to see if I could help with spelling when the map is later in development.
About the tiles, I was planning on changing them, but since the first world of the map pack occurs in the same facility, changing the tiles doesn't make sense, because it the SAME place.
Also, if you want to,you can help me with the spelling, PM me, but if it's about the commas, i think they can't be written.
OrbitalBlueprint wrote:Seeing how Luigi often gets treated in the Mario games (as a coward, less than Mario etc...), this mappack is absolutely hilarious. It fits the style of Mad Science perfectly. When can we expect the HD version?
Sadly, I won't add an HD version, because most of the map pack are only squares, and you know, an HD square is another square.

EDIT:
Ok, i updated (sort of) the mappack, you can download it click that link in the OP.

Pixelworker

Post » 12 Feb 2014, 20:55

Amazing Mappack, judging from the screenshots. Definetely going to try this out. When it's done.
Hans1998 wrote:Since i need the GIF tiles to work correctly to make 3-3, i just could finish the first two levels of the third world.
Yeah, these things tend to crash the game if too much of them are used. I'm also waiting for working animated tiles for my massive Bowser Science sequel.
Hans1998 wrote:[...] but if it's about the commas, i think they can't be written.
If you mean they can't be written in the 'create dialog' animation action, they actually can. You just have to edit the .json file in the animation folder.