Sleepless map pack

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
gemwrecker

Post » 11 Jan 2014, 18:20

Note: Before you download, be aware that this map pack is a little glitchy because of the usage of blocks, entities ect. The most common is the pipe glitch that ends the mappack suddenly when it shouldn't.

After letting my ideas flow, brain process and boredness steer me I am finally at the stage of finising this mappack. The upload stage.

Here it is, the Sleepless. The plot is a little different from other map packs, but completely unique. The idea isn't actually leading the player which way he needs to go. Instead, letting him wander in a unknown place, trying to find the end instead of going right towards it. The pipes is the only way forward, but it can also lead you backwards. The objective is to get to the "Wierd world" (Calling it that because it doesn't have a real name. Pointed out from the name, it is a pretty wierd place). To get there, you need to search the world and find a white light shining from the floor or the wall. When you found one, enter it and you'll find yourself in the "Wierd world". If you finish it to the end, you'll get to the next world. Keep on doing that until you get to the end (Technically, it's World 8). Also, dying doesn't end it. It just forces you to restart to the beginning of a world, but it isn't over. Now when you know how it works, let me show you about the features.

Some interesting features:
"Freeroaming" (Letting you go wherever you want, just don't get lost).
Up to 6 maps in every single world (Thanks by sublevels), and 8 worlds.
In total: 36 maps (The first world (Prologue) and the last world (Ending) doesn't count).
Every map and world is unique (That's why this was a nightmare to make).
A very unique plot.
Here's some images on the map pack:

And here's a video about the map pack:

The download (Finally!): http://www.mediafire.com/download/u2p9d ... epless.zip

B-Man99

Post » 11 Jan 2014, 19:14

The concept is amazing. I'm playing the mappack right now and I can't stop. Thank you so much! I absolutely love it... I can't even explain how amazing this is. Hey everyone! Try this out! :)

EDIT: I don't know much about the bug with ending the mappack early, but I died and had to restart, and this happened when I went through the second pipe on 2-1. Any ideas how to fix this?

Mari0Maker

Post » 11 Jan 2014, 20:44

This map looks pretty neat from the description and the video, definitely going to try this out.
Also, if you're on Windows, and your on Vista or above, you should try Open Broadcaster (yes, it can record video normally), mainly because it's free, has a lot of features, is open source, and because it wont have a watermark.

Superjustinbros

Post » 12 Jan 2014, 02:01

I dunno if it's just me, but when I downloaded this mappack and put it inside my Maps folder, 1-1_0 just dumps me into an empty black room with a pit.

Still like the presentation of the mappack itself, and the tiles are quite good.

Sky

Post » 12 Jan 2014, 02:41

Superjustinbros wrote:I dunno if it's just me, but when I downloaded this mappack and put it inside my Maps folder, 1-1_0 just dumps me into an empty black room with a pit.

Still like the presentation of the mappack itself, and the tiles are quite good.
Rename Tiles.png to tiles.png
Windows isn't case sensitive, but every other operating system is.

Superjustinbros

Post » 12 Jan 2014, 04:16

WillWare wrote:
Superjustinbros wrote:I dunno if it's just me, but when I downloaded this mappack and put it inside my Maps folder, 1-1_0 just dumps me into an empty black room with a pit.

Rename Tiles.png to tiles.png
Windows isn't case sensitive, but every other operating system is.
I did just that; the level was still blank.

HansAgain

Post » 12 Jan 2014, 17:31

This mappack is awesome, i think you should add a minus world (M-1, M-2, ...) because when you set the warpzone in "4" without using checking the "has a warpzone" option, it goes to minus world.

gemwrecker

Post » 12 Jan 2014, 18:56

Mari0Maker wrote:Also, if you're on Windows, and your on Vista or above, you should try Open Broadcaster (yes, it can record video normally), mainly because it's free, has a lot of features, is open source, and because it wont have a watermark.
I already knew that existed. I had a problem with it before, but now it is fixed. I guess it was something with the setup.

By the way everyone, thanks for all the positive reviews! Really appriciate it!

Sunset_Moth

Post » 12 Jan 2014, 19:20

Surreal.
I "Completed the mappack" when going to W4 because if you don't have Warp Zone turned on and go to W4, you end up in -1.

MM102

Post » 12 Jan 2014, 22:59

This is a really really creative mappack and I loved every second of it
Although It could use some music so I found the perfect track to go with it

gemwrecker

Post » 13 Jan 2014, 16:36

bubba_nate wrote:I "Completed the mappack" when going to W4 because if you don't have Warp Zone turned on and go to W4, you end up in -1.
As i told you, this is kind of glitchy. I'm going to think on that next time i make a map pack. The only thing you can do is to either avoid the world or edit the options.txt that is lying somewhere in AppData\Roaming\LÖVE to unlock it.
MM102 wrote:Although It could use some music so I found the perfect track to go with it
I know that it is kind of silent, but why is because i got frustrated after spending an hour making custom music for it and it doesn't work (Because of unsupported format). So i decided to ignore the music and leave it silent. That's why there's no music for it.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 13 Jan 2014, 16:43

gemwrecker wrote:
MM102 wrote:Although It could use some music so I found the perfect track to go with it
I know that it is kind of silent, but why is because i got frustrated after spending an hour making custom music for it and it doesn't work (Because of unsupported format). So i decided to ignore the music and leave it silent. That's why there's no music for it.
Just convert your music to either .ogg (preferably) or .mp3. Then rename it to "music.ogg" or "music.mp3" and put it directly into your mappack's folder. Also, haven't said yet, but your mappack is just incredible! I wanna see more good work like this from you in the future!

gemwrecker

Post » 23 Jan 2014, 21:03

HugoBDesigner wrote:Just convert your music to either .ogg (preferably) or .mp3. Then rename it to "music.ogg" or "music.mp3" and put it directly into your mappack's folder. Also, haven't said yet, but your mappack is just incredible! I wanna see more good work like this from you in the future!
I know, it's just the sound editor I used didn't support .mp3 nor .ogg. But this time I got another sound editor that DOES support .ogg and .mp3 (Or rather, addons to support it).
And yes, it's recommended to use .ogg because it's quicker to load and smaller and all these things that's good... You don't need to tell me.

And thanks for the support, always appriciated!

One note to all people, by the way. The map pack i'm working on now is taking WAY longer than expected because of the size and the lack of ideas (All my ideas are already used for other things). But I think i'm on to something now. But as I said, the size. It will be huge, and will probably take a few seconds to download.