Roman6a's mappacks

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
roman6a

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 16:06

well hello there [insertyourforumsnamehere] and welcome to Roman6a's mappacks! my name is roman6a (obviously enough) and i'm going to use this thread to post mappacks for mari0 i make on my free time. i already made one (very crappy) 2-level based on the usage of the sonic rainboom's nuke ability to eliminate hard-to-reach enemies on the map which im going to post right... here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2kb5bjbk6odmzgc (extract it to %appdata% LOVE's folder for mari0, someone should make an specific topic on how to access this folder cause it's a bit tad complicate for newbies and i'm not on the mood of making a chart exactly telling you what to do :P)

and that was made for testing on how does the editor work and stuff (the sonic rainboom thing i discovered it out of luck)

ok so... i'm planning on making a fast skill hardcore based one related on mario escaping Aperture Science Labs. and entering into the hostile world of the mushroom kingdom (yes i said "FAST SKILL HARDCORE BASED" as i'm going to make it as hard as possible, yeah... don't worry though, im not going to make something so hard as being compared to IWBTG difficulty, but don't hope for an easy ride either) i only made 5 levels but it's going pretty good... i think...

well that's about it on the point of this thread, eh... discuss, talk, suggest? dunno i just want to stop typing shit so im going to press submit.

Alphaunit

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 16:30

well that was... short...

trosh

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 17:38

roman6a wrote:2-level based on the usage of the sonic rainboom's nuke ability to eliminate hard-to-reach enemies on the map
I didn't try your level, but I suggest you don't require users to use cheats. 'cause you know, they're cheats, not abilities.
roman6a wrote:extract it to %appdata% LOVE's folder for mari0, someone should make an specific topic on how to access this folder cause it's a bit tad complicate for newbies and i'm not on the mood of making a chart exactly telling you what to do :P
maurice said he will post a manual one of these days.

Also, there has been one level going along the escape to mushroom world idea before, but I like the idea of making a full mappack out of this.

roman6a

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 18:27

trosh wrote:
roman6a wrote:2-level based on the usage of the sonic rainboom's nuke ability to eliminate hard-to-reach enemies on the map
I didn't try your level, but I suggest you don't require users to use cheats. 'cause you know, they're cheats, not abilities.
oh well, it is just a test anyways. nothing really special, as i said it's just a crappy ass 2-level based mappack
trosh wrote:
roman6a wrote:extract it to %appdata% LOVE's folder for mari0, someone should make an specific topic on how to access this folder cause it's a bit tad complicate for newbies and i'm not on the mood of making a chart exactly telling you what to do :P
maurice said he will post a manual one of these days.

Also, there has been one level going along the escape to mushroom world idea before, but I like the idea of making a full mappack out of this.
someone already made an idea about that? darn.

well at least i'm actually working on it so that's something :\ also ive been getting lots of "lua" errors and such using the level editor for some reason. and it's royally pissing me off... i hope the update fixes all of these things...

NickIAm

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 18:44

pretty good)
but short...

trosh

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 19:09

I think it was raicuparta in the beta testing / level dev forum. If he read this he might answer.

roman6a

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 19:32

NickIAm wrote:pretty good)
but short...
it's sure not as good as your map (which is AMAZING btw) but at least it's something :\/

also works on my full mappack are going very nice, i might upload a demo later when i finish the 6th level

Raicuparta

Post » 05 Mar 2012, 01:40

trosh wrote:I think it was raicuparta in the beta testing / level dev forum. If he read this he might answer.
nope, wasn't me, I hate how the SMB tiles look next to the portal ones.