Gravitas (v2.1) [AE, 1.6, SE]

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
gemwrecker

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 15:30

WillWare wrote:EDIT: Quick update that fixes spinies - apparently they can't be killed by boxes anymore, and I designed some puzzles around that, so I fixed them. Redownload (again) for the fix.
Thanks! I had a severe problem with that part because there was no way to get rid of it. But now I can continue through this map pack!

Oh, and the second part:

I'll keep you updated with this map pack!

*EDIT: Alright, here's the third one:

Just a quick reply to keep you updated.

Sky

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 20:33

Gemwrecker in his video wrote:Then again, I seem to be doing a lot of things the wrong way...
Actually, you've only done one thing the wrong way - the second switch in world 4. And I like that way, so I'm not fixing it. There's a lot of stuff made as red herrings to conceal the actual solution.

Thanks for doing this, by the way - it's always fun watching someone struggle helplessly through my gauntlet play my mappacks! :D

gemwrecker

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 20:43

WillWare wrote:Thanks for doing this, by the way - it's always fun watching someone struggle helplessly through my gauntlet play my mappacks! :D
It's quite fun, myself. Mostly frustrating because of the lack of checkpoints, death is very common and still no jump! It still bothers me!

But anyway, should check out the extra levels when I'm done with the original. It's really unique, may I say.

*EDIT: In a little bit of a hurry, but here's the next one:

gemwrecker

Post » 27 Apr 2014, 20:07

*Sorry for double post, but it looks like you aren't seeing it while I'm putting it in the same one.

I'm probably just two parts away from finishing this. Going to do it tomorrow.
Anyway, here's the fifth one:

Sky

Post » 27 Apr 2014, 20:46

The reason for the light bridges/lasers not working in some areas is because of the blocks I used to keep the player from jumping - they would normally stop the lasers and bridges as well. I had to remove them in the places they needed to work in, but I wasn't able to account for every possibility, hence why they won't work sometimes.

I'm wondering if I should have put the fifth temple as the last one and bumped the other two down...

You're almost there, keep it up!

gemwrecker

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 17:11

I've done it!

It was quite fun to play through, but it had it's moments I hated. Especially these parts where you had to go back to progress. I will check out the extra world, too. I'll do that tomorrow.
*EDIT: You forgot to remove the "s" from the HTTP in the fourth video. Otherwise the link doesn't work.

*EDIT: The last one's here. With the extra world.

Sorry for all of a sudden playing another map pack instead. There was nothing to do and I don't want to upload a video that's just 5 minutes long.

Sky

Post » 09 Sep 2020, 16:25

Surprise, Gravitas has been ported to Mari0: Alesan's Entities and updated to version 2.0! That means you can play it on your phone ✨ Grab the update in the first post! (For now these changes only affect the AE version, but get in touch and I may update other versions to match if you prefer.)

Headlining the update: the warp zone text has finally been removed!! *crickets*

Okay, for real, I finally added some music! All three new music tracks come from The 8-Bit Adventure Album by Michael Staple. Be sure to give the whole album a listen if you haven't, it's pretty great! Check out the first post for specifics on which tracks are included.

Additionally, every level has been updated - glitches have been fixed, rough edges have been sanded off, and some puzzles have been completely revamped, all to provide a more enjoyable gaming experience. This really is an update worthy of being called 2.0!

HugoBDesigner

Post » 12 Sep 2020, 03:07

Surprise! I've recorded a playthrough of Gravitas! Great work on the update, it was quite fun! Some feedback in the description:

Sky

Post » 12 Sep 2020, 05:43

Hugooooo 💖💖💖

Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it! It's not often that I get to see people play past 4-1, so this is both extremely cool and very helpful. (It seems there's still a lot I've overlooked... 😅)

I realize there's more platforming involved than a typical puzzle map, even with limited jumping – but honestly, it wouldn't be Mari0 without it, lol. You handled it all very gracefully ✨

Sky

Post » 13 Sep 2020, 06:01

Based on feedback from the video and elsewhere, I've updated Gravitas to 2.1! A few minor fixes, but I've also added tips on the level screens. With all the polish it's received between these two updates, I'm pretty happy with how Gravitas has turned out – and fairly confident this will be the last major update. for now

View details of the update and re-download from the first post, or go to the DLC tab in AE and download the update from there.

...did I mention Gravitas is DLC now? Because it is ✨

SankeySMM2

Post » 15 Jul 2022, 14:19

HugoBDesigner wrote:
12 Sep 2020, 03:07
Surprise! I've recorded a playthrough of Gravitas! Great work on the update, it was quite fun! Some feedback in the description:
I am subscribing! Finally, I've been stuck on the fifth course and you solved it :D

SankeySMM2

Post » 15 Jul 2022, 15:49

LESS GOOO I COMPLETED IT