How do I make custom tiles &customize entities?

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
Dynamor

Post » 05 Oct 2013, 10:22

I've been working on a Mari0 mappack recently and I need to add some tiles of my own, but I have no idea how to. Can someone help me?
Also, it would be useful if I can customize entities in the game, that'd make my game look better.

Thanks,
Dynamor

Costinteo

Post » 05 Oct 2013, 11:03

Welcome to the Forums, enjoy your stay!

On the tileset subject:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2955

The current version of Mari0 does not support custom entities (or entity graphics) if not modded. To add custom entities you need to have basic knowledge of programming in LÖVE. If instead, you want to make the graphics of the entities/default blocks of Mari0, you only need LÖVE, provided in the previous sentence (have it here anyway https://love2d.org/), any archive tool that works on your OS or that you prefer (here are some of the most used free ones: WinRAR, 7zip) and Mari0's Source File.

To begin, follow the following steps:

1. Install LÖVE.
2. Install an Archiver Program
3. Download Mari0's Source file over from Stabyourself.net (or click here to download it directly).
4. Open Mari0's Source File using the Archive Tool installed.
5. Go to the folder called "graphics" and there you should find whatever you want to modify.

Again, if you want to learn how to modify the graphics with an image editor, follow this guide. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2955

I hoped that helped and if it did not, you can always PM me or post here with any other problems you have.

Edit: Oh right, this might help too: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3083

Dynamor

Post » 20 Oct 2013, 09:13

Costinteo wrote:Welcome to the Forums, enjoy your stay!

On the tileset subject:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2955

The current version of Mari0 does not support custom entities (or entity graphics) if not modded. To add custom entities you need to have basic knowledge of programming in LÖVE. If instead, you want to make the graphics of the entities/default blocks of Mari0, you only need LÖVE, provided in the previous sentence (have it here anyway https://love2d.org/), any archive tool that works on your OS or that you prefer (here are some of the most used free ones: WinRAR, 7zip) and Mari0's Source File.

To begin, follow the following steps:

1. Install LÖVE.
2. Install an Archiver Program
3. Download Mari0's Source file over from Stabyourself.net (or click here to download it directly).
4. Open Mari0's Source File using the Archive Tool installed.
5. Go to the folder called "graphics" and there you should find whatever you want to modify.

Again, if you want to learn how to modify the graphics with an image editor, follow this guide. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2955

I hoped that helped and if it did not, you can always PM me or post here with any other problems you have.

Edit: Oh right, this might help too: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3083
Thanks! Very helpful!