Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

Disappearance of Mari0

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
FlamingRok
User avatar
Posts: 12
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 22:10
Reputation: 0

Post » 06 Aug 2013, 04:40

First mappack uploaded to this site.

The title holds a secret into what you'll be finding here in this single level mappack.

This level may start off simple, but is bound to get very challenging by the end. Can you survive the onslaught of puzzles and tricky platforming? The level itself is 1000 blocks long, and actually has bonus content if you manage to beat it (or be a dirty cheater and look in the editor...).

So now that I'm done ranting on about little bits of the level, screenshots are to be shown.
Image
Image
Image
Note that the screenshots actually have a certain someone removed, so that a little bit of surprise comes to you when you play through.


CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PACK

EDIT: If you don't want to spoil any surprises, don't look at any of WaryLouka's comments (except maybe the first), due to him spoiling nearly everything.
Last edited by FlamingRok on 08 Aug 2013, 02:14, edited 2 times in total.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4634
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 713
Contact:

Post » 06 Aug 2013, 12:38

FlamingRok wrote:First mappack uploaded to this site.

Legit.

TheJonyMyster
User avatar
Posts: 1873
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 05:12
Reputation: 24
Contact:

Post » 06 Aug 2013, 17:11

Who cares that it's the first mappack that he uploaded to the site?
I'm going to play it now.

EDIT:
Well I glitched the game by getting a hammer bro to do through a portal the wrong way.
What I saw was pretty good though.
Nice job.

FlamingRok
User avatar
Posts: 12
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 22:10
Reputation: 0

Post » 06 Aug 2013, 19:54

Turret Opera wrote:
FlamingRok wrote:First mappack uploaded to this site.

Legit.

Starting to think I worded that wrong. I guess I should've stated that it's my first, not just first.

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2102
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23
Reputation: 662
Contact:

Post » 06 Aug 2013, 19:59

There's a bonus content .zip file in the download, but, at least for me, this content is protected by a password (not sure if it was intended, but I wanted to explore this extra-content thing). Other than that, that was a great mappack. Oh, and welcome to the forums! We hope you stay!

FlamingRok
User avatar
Posts: 12
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 22:10
Reputation: 0

Post » 06 Aug 2013, 21:59

HugoBDesigner wrote:There's a bonus content .zip file in the download, but, at least for me, this content is protected by a password (not sure if it was intended, but I wanted to explore this extra-content thing). Other than that, that was a great mappack. Oh, and welcome to the forums! We hope you stay!

It was intended. You beat the mappack first and you'll see P:____ (the blanks representing the password). Also, thank you for the welcome, and thank you for the compliment on the mappack!

LightningFire
User avatar
Posts: 1907
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24
Reputation: 133
Contact:

Post » 06 Aug 2013, 22:04

FlamingRok wrote:
HugoBDesigner wrote:There's a bonus content .zip file in the download, but, at least for me, this content is protected by a password (not sure if it was intended, but I wanted to explore this extra-content thing). Other than that, that was a great mappack. Oh, and welcome to the forums! We hope you stay!

It was intended. You beat the mappack first and you'll see P:____ (the blanks representing the password). Also, thank you for the welcome, and thank you for the compliment on the mappack!

You know people can easily just go to level editor and look at the password from there right? But aside from that, it was pretty original to add in a bonus content after beating the map.

FlamingRok
User avatar
Posts: 12
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 22:10
Reputation: 0

Post » 06 Aug 2013, 22:10

LightningFire wrote:You know people can easily just go to level editor and look at the password from there right? But aside from that, it was pretty original to add in a bonus content after beating the map.

FlamingRok wrote:(or be a dirty cheater and look in the editor...)


Which I honestly hope people don't decide to do, but if they must...

Turtley3
User avatar
Posts: 651
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 16:16
Reputation: 22

Post » 06 Aug 2013, 22:35

FlamingRok wrote:
LightningFire wrote:You know people can easily just go to level editor and look at the password from there right? But aside from that, it was pretty original to add in a bonus content after beating the map.

FlamingRok wrote:(or be a dirty cheater and look in the editor...)


Which I honestly hope people don't decide to do, but if they must...

I did it. >:D

FlamingRok
User avatar
Posts: 12
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 22:10
Reputation: 0

Post » 07 Aug 2013, 05:40

WaryLouka wrote:Password is ATS4

UMAD bro?

Also, you really seems to love Hatsune Miku. Perhaps you should go see some vocaloid concert one day?


Now that was just uncalled for...

Also, in terms of the Hatsune Miku thing, seeing a vocaloid concert would be pretty neat one day. The main reason I made the map was literally because I found an 8-bit remix of the song "Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu", and due to the fact that it translates into "The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku", I wanted to make the map about something disappearing, or slowly dying off. Seeing as the song was about Miku, I decided to include her.

ucenna
Posts: 615
Joined: 11 Jan 2013, 20:06
Reputation: 44

Post » 07 Aug 2013, 06:09

Don't mind him, he's got a bad reputation.
I haven't tried you mappack yet but from the screenshots it looks amazing. Very good background image placement (and design) I like your secret folder idea. If I ever finish "The Journey" I might incorporate it.

If you want a more secure secret you might try making a minus world or a 0th/9th world.

FlamingRok
User avatar
Posts: 12
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 22:10
Reputation: 0

Post » 07 Aug 2013, 19:55

WaryLouka wrote:You just spoiled the reason of your title. Congratulations!


You already revealed that Miku was in the level, the one thing I wanted to stay hidden. After that was revealed, it probably wouldn't have taken that long to guess.

ucenna
Posts: 615
Joined: 11 Jan 2013, 20:06
Reputation: 44

Post » 07 Aug 2013, 23:28

yet another reason to hide things in the minus world.

WillWare
User avatar
Posts: 1217
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35
Reputation: 265
Contact:

Post » 08 Aug 2013, 05:47

ucenna wrote:yet another reason to hide things in the minus world.

Image
You can still get in the minus world from the editor.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4634
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 713
Contact:

Post » 08 Aug 2013, 12:33

Hide it in world -2, you can't get there in the editor.

ucenna
Posts: 615
Joined: 11 Jan 2013, 20:06
Reputation: 44

Post » 08 Aug 2013, 17:38

WillWare wrote:
ucenna wrote:yet another reason to hide things in the minus world.

Image
You can still get in the minus world from the editor.

Well yes, but people would have to go out of their way to find it. So generally only Malicious people would be spoiling the surprise. (or maybe someone who chances upon the minus world. Alternatively world zero or nine.
Curious Question: is the double minus world accessible through level text editing?

BobTheLawyer
User avatar
Posts: 2240
Joined: 01 May 2012, 21:00
Reputation: 53

Post » 08 Aug 2013, 17:50

Actually -1 = M, if I remember correctly, so I don't believe you can do -2

ucenna
Posts: 615
Joined: 11 Jan 2013, 20:06
Reputation: 44

Post » 08 Aug 2013, 19:09

Oh yeah. that makes sense.

TheJonyMyster
User avatar
Posts: 1873
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 05:12
Reputation: 24
Contact:

Post » 08 Aug 2013, 19:09

You can do -2, I did so in my mappack (you know the one).

Platoon-nn
Posts: 1
Joined: 02 Oct 2015, 15:53
Reputation: 0

Post » 02 Oct 2015, 16:00

Somebody save the map? I wanted to play, but the link died.

QwertymanO07
User avatar
Posts: 1262
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 07:58
Reputation: 319
Contact:

Post » 03 Oct 2015, 21:31

Okay, if nobody else is going to do it...
Download
I don't have the bonus thing so you get no reward for beating this.


Return to “Mapping”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest