Maze mapping questions?

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
Bittergamer1886

Post » 11 Jul 2013, 08:38

I am making a castle level-pack for my first map pack ever. I want to make a maze stage like in world 4-4 of the original game. I make a maze start, maze gate, then maze end. Then I make another maze start, maze gate 2, then a second maze gate end. However, when I play through, the second part of my maze never shows up, and the level continues endlessly. I want to pass through one gate, and when I do, I stay on the second maze section, not loop around to the first maze section when I don't pass the second gate after passing the first one. I have been looking at 4-4 of the original game for reference, and I can't figure it out. Some help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

~Bittergamer1886

TheJonyMyster

Post » 12 Jul 2013, 15:32

That's just how mazegates are supposed to work. Sorry, we can't help you. Someone could make a mod, though, but they might not.

Bittergamer1886

Post » 15 Jul 2013, 06:32

TheJonyMyster wrote:That's just how mazegates are supposed to work. Sorry, we can't help you. Someone could make a mod, though, but they might not.
Actually, I got it to work. The trick is to place the maze-end on the ground and far enough away from the maze gates. Thanks anyways. (Also, it helps to look at the original Mario maps for help)

TheJonyMyster

Post » 15 Jul 2013, 08:29

Oh, I didn't know that, cool.

Superjustinbros

Post » 16 Jul 2013, 03:48

Bittergamer1886 wrote:
TheJonyMyster wrote:That's just how mazegates are supposed to work. Sorry, we can't help you. Someone could make a mod, though, but they might not.
Actually, I got it to work. The trick is to place the maze-end on the ground and far enough away from the maze gates. Thanks anyways. (Also, it helps to look at the original Mario maps for help)
That's the idea. The distance between the last maze gate and the maze end should be large enough so when you pass the last gate, there is enough room offscreen for the game to choose between whenever the maze was completed or not.