Gold Rush

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
alesan99

Post » 06 Jul 2013, 17:32

Mario is on a quest to get as many coins as possible, and save the princess.
Go through 16 level filled with coins! But don't take your time because you're under a strict time limit!

DOWNLOAD:
Gold Rush.zip http://www.mediafire.com/?b8g9mbi8i11dhrn

Change List:
Version1
Public Release
Version2
Fixed Bowser Sections
Made Levels a bit easier
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Screen Shots:
ImageImageImageImage
Even Better, a video!
NOTES
This Map is not inspired by any other maps, it's inspired by the Mario games so if you find similarities to other maps they're just coincidences.
If you think a level that is too hard or has too many enemies please tell me so I can fix it.
It says "by Teh Workbench" because I want it to seem professional, so it's a fake company .

Coming Soon: This is the only level, Christmas (Temp title).
Last edited by alesan99 on 09 Jul 2013, 16:02, edited 3 times in total.

Superjustinbros

Post » 06 Jul 2013, 22:32

I like these maps, but why is the time limit so short?

idiot9.0

Post » 07 Jul 2013, 00:07

Superjustinbros wrote:I like these maps, but why is the time limit so short?
Seeing as it's called "Gold Rush", I'd believe your answer is self explanatory there, Justin.

As for the actual mappack, I've played up to the 3rd (?) world and I really enjoy it. It's a quick, simple, and fun mappack. My only gripe is the spots with Bowser, as from what I remember they're too small so jumping over him is really hard to do without taking a hit. Makes the portal gun required for no damage. But other than that, I enjoyed this. Thumbs up.

Superjustinbros

Post » 07 Jul 2013, 03:17

idiot9.0 wrote:
Seeing as it's called "Gold Rush", I'd believe your answer is self explanatory there, Justin.
I did not notice that. Darn me and always coming to conclusions.

alesan99

Post » 09 Jul 2013, 03:35

idiot9.0 wrote:

As for the actual mappack, I've played up to the 3rd (?) world and I really enjoy it. It's a quick, simple, and fun mappack. My only gripe is the spots with Bowser, as from what I remember they're too small so jumping over him is really hard to do without taking a hit. Makes the portal gun required for no damage. But other than that, I enjoyed this. Thumbs up.
And this:
alesan99 wrote:But don't take your time because you're under a time limit!
So if you play in multiplayer you can get some hidden goodies!

Superjustinbros

Post » 09 Jul 2013, 05:38

Well, you were always under a time limit in just about every 2D Mario game the follows the standard platforming formula. Usually they were never as low as 150 game seconds (translating to one minute and 10 seconds) and I never expected it to be low when I first played. If it's the gimmick of the mappack to have lower time limits than usual, then I'd say keep it, since there's already a cheat to prevent the timer from ever ticking,