[M.P.-Only] Kexaihami's MArena v0.01 Alpha [W.I.P.]

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
Kexaihami

Post » 10 Jun 2013, 13:49

Hello, this is Kexaihami Zedd Vectorial.

I'm here to post a map for you to test that I haven't got around to testing, because I have no joysticks and I have no friends. This map is a completely different game from the original Mari0 goal.

In this game, you kill. You're all given five lives and put into mario-style frenzy fire, and then expected to either out-survive or sabotage your opponents

You can't kill directly, since this is mari0, so the goal is to kill indirectly, be it with bullet bills, trapping someone with light bridges 'til a cheep cheep hits them, or lasers *coughcoughcoughThe Grand Cross 114*.

There are a few simple rules:
1. At the beginning of the round, each player should go to the spot on the map that is labeled by their player number with nothing obstructing the sign.
2. At the beginning of the round, each player shall remain in position until a countdown is displayed on the map unless a projectile comes their way out of my mistake, in which case they are free to dodge but must then return.
3. Should all players die at once, and the level reload, the round shall be considered a draw.
4. The last man standing shall continue dodging the map until he dies once (not runs out of lives). This time is basically a way to show off skill. The last man standing also wins the heavily bet upon, oft' sought-after cookie points we all have been fighting over. After he dies, the players shall return to the main menu.

Mod Required:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2161&p=38979 <- You should always have this. ALWAYS.

Level List:
L01: Bloc Bash 112 (Difficulty [|||----], Song used: Moe Moe Kyunstep Part I by chibi-tech.
L02: Hydro Thunder 113 (Difficulty [|------], Song used: Moe Moe Kyunstep Part II by chibi-tech.
L03: The Grand Cross 114 (Difficulty [|||||||]||||||), Song used: Casa Mea non est Domus by Yours Truly, Kexaihami

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Why so much logical spam in a few of your levels?
A: y so srs? I do the logical spam to prove the extensivity of non-SE mari0 logic.

Q: WHY WOULD YOU PUT PROPULSION GEL AMIDST A TOGGLING-LASER CROSSING POINT?
A: >:3 Here have a themesong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKc7f0k_g9w . It's a Grand Cross for a reason

Q: [Your question here]
A: [Snarky response here]

Screenies:
NOTE: I cannot take screenshots outside of the level editor because leenacks and escape menu

Bloc Bash 112
Hydro Thunder 113
The Grand Cross 114
Download link: https://www.box.com/s/u6h0u8ucvv4wz5sly5my

If any of you that have time want to upload a link that's not a tarball because most people don't use those, be my guest. I would if I had time right now. This is a hastily-written post with a lot of pastework.

Changelog:
v0.01 Alpha
-Project begins
-Three levels: Bloc Bash, Hydro Thunder, and The Grand Cross.

I'm about to have to depart for a while, but in the meantime, if you could test its current version for me, tell me how fun or boring or spittastically hard it is, and let me know how to improve (Besides adding more levels, which I plan to do), that would be great.
Last edited by Kexaihami on 02 Jul 2013, 06:20, edited 1 time in total.

epichvs

Post » 01 Jul 2013, 23:46

Sounds really interesting and fun, but the download link says that the file does not exist. If you would please fix it I would be happy to test out your map. Thanks!

Kexaihami

Post » 02 Jul 2013, 06:19

My bad. Fixing the link now.

EDIT: Fixed.