[WIP][World 2 Demo] Monster2.exe

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
Costinteo

Post » 18 May 2013, 17:25

Introduction:

So as some of you may know if you saw my posts, I'm continuing Monster.exe. The first one is crap compared to what I have coming.
It's not necessary to play the first one to understand what's going on... So the story is: Mario is trying to save the world from the Monster Apocalypse created by an Unkown Powerful Source of Decay. The only one that holds the power to destroy this monstrous plague is Princess Peach and her Pure Soul Orb... But she's been captured by the monsters! So the whole world's fate is in Mario's hands. After reaching the Princess, Mario realizes what terrible destiny awaits the world: The Orb wasn't at the Princess! So he ventures again, into the unknown, coming close to the corruption's source, hoping that he will find the Orb or another way to stop it.

Features:
  • Better levels.
  • Totally original, made by me tiles.
  • New level themes that weren't used in the first Mappack.
  • Tileset will be smaller, so anyone can play the Mappack.
  • Awesome new music.
  • 8 worlds! (each with a theme)
  • New made by me backgrounds! (inspiration: SJB's A0zora backgrounds, if you mind, just tell me)
  • Graduating increase of difficulty
  • No more enemy spam or unfair moments!
Pictures:

The Title Screen
The Ending of 1-1
Part of Destroyed Temple
World 2 Landscapes
2-2 Mountain Landscapes
World 3 Jungle Minimap
World 3 Jungle Landscapes
Tiles:

Credit: Mr.Q.Marx? for the tileset grid.

A little sidenote: It's going to take a lot to make tiles and levels.. All I have now is only the first level. If you want the download of the first level, I'm glad to give it, just ask. Download at the bottom of the page. If anyone has suggestions or criticism (good or bad just say it) post it below, thanks.
Themes:

World 1 - Desert - Finished
World 2 - Forest - Finished
World 3 - Jungle - Started!

Music:

Rollin' Girl - 8-Bit, I have searched long but this seems to be the most fitting.

Download:

World 2 Demo
World 1 Demo
Last edited by Costinteo on 26 May 2013, 16:09, edited 15 times in total.

Firaga

Post » 18 May 2013, 17:31

Looks good. Can't wait for the finished product.

HansAgain

Post » 18 May 2013, 17:34

It's good, but i think the name should be "Monster2.exe" or "Monster 2.exe"

Costinteo

Post » 18 May 2013, 17:34

Hans1998 wrote:It's good, but i think the name should be "Monster2.exe" or "Monster 2.exe"
Ha! Haven't thought about that one! Thanks.

*Updated name and Title Screen.

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 18 May 2013, 17:56

just to keep your tileset down, you can delete letter repeats. like there's 3 identical 'e's. It doesn't make much of a difference but if you put in a sentence each level or something, it'd add up.

Costinteo

Post » 18 May 2013, 17:57

Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:just to keep your tileset down, you can delete letter repeats. like there's 3 identical 'e's. It doesn't make much of a difference but if you put in a sentence each level or something, it'd add up.
I know, I wanted to have it wrote in the tileset "Monster.exe 2" but I guess I'll make some space..

Costinteo

Post » 23 May 2013, 22:59

Sorry for the double post, but if anyone's interested, I've finished World 1. I've edited the post and added a download. Have fun!

-Edit-
Found some bugs... Updating the download.

Updated!

-Edit2-

Added a photo from world 2. Will probably add more. For now I have only 1 level completed.
Updated Tileset.

Please post something after me, I don't want to triple post.

-Edit3-

Added download to World 2 Demo!

Mari0Maker

Post » 24 May 2013, 00:36

Looks really promising! Keep up the good work!
I made a loop for the music, and converted to .ogg to make the file size smaller.
Download
Also, maybe you can name World 3 Highlands.

Costinteo

Post » 26 May 2013, 15:59

I added some screenshots of 3-1 so you can see what I'm working on.

Also, Mari0Maker I'm probably going to use your name for another World (I decided to go with Jungle). Thanks a lot for the music, but it sounds really weird, did you check it afterwards (or is it because of the ogg)? I'm probably going to stick with my music in the end, 3MB isn't that much compared to the first Monster.exe which had 17MB (I don't even know how I've made so much).

Mari0Maker

Post » 26 May 2013, 19:53

Costinteo wrote:I added some screenshots of 3-1 so you can see what I'm working on.

Also, Mari0Maker I'm probably going to use your name for another World (I decided to go with Jungle). Thanks a lot for the music, but it sounds really weird, did you check it afterwards (or is it because of the ogg)? I'm probably going to stick with my music in the end, 3MB isn't that much compared to the first Monster.exe which had 17MB (I don't even know how I've made so much).
It was probably the .ogg file compression. It normally makes it sound worse, but with a 8-Bit song, it normally sounds ok.
Different people have different tastes, though. :)