[COMPLETE]Mad Science(1.1 + HD): Press that key.

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
HugoBDesigner

Post » 17 Dec 2013, 13:47

MY GOD! This looks so f***ing awesome! From far the best custom menu I've ever seen! Good job, Hans!!!

OrbitalBlueprint

Post » 17 Dec 2013, 18:22

I really like this! If I were you I'd even add a picture of Princess Peach on the wall behind the table ;D

HansAgain

Post » 17 Dec 2013, 22:38

Thanks for your compliments.
OrbitalBlueprint wrote:If I were you I'd even add a picture of Princess Peach on the wall behind the table ;D
It's supposed to be the Antilitus' office (the Antilitus of that dimension, that piece of paper is a reference to the clone thing), if i put a picture of her, it would be weird, he is not in love with her.

OrbitalBlueprint

Post » 18 Dec 2013, 15:43

Hans1998 wrote:Thanks for your compliments.
OrbitalBlueprint wrote:If I were you I'd even add a picture of Princess Peach on the wall behind the table ;D
It's supposed to be the Antilitus' office (the Antilitus of that dimension, that piece of paper is a reference to the clone thing), if i put a picture of her, it would be weird, he is not in love with her.
Woops, forgot about that. Anyways, I wish you good luck with the sequel if you end up doing it \ö/

OrbitalBlueprint

Post » 20 Dec 2013, 15:01

Hm, is there any other way to beat the beginning of the world 1-1 sublevel other than jumping? I never make the jump, even when I'm running with the shift key.

HansAgain

Post » 20 Dec 2013, 16:45

OrbitalBlueprint wrote:Hm, is there any other way to beat the beginning of the world 1-1 sublevel other than jumping? I never make the jump, even when I'm running with the shift key.
Nope, you have to run and jump in the right moment. I use the F key to run, makes it easier, at least for me.

alesan99

Post » 01 Jan 2014, 17:12

I downloaded this mappack a few days ago but never finished it.
Now I did, and it was AMAZING!
This has to be the best plot in a mappack!
I played it in HD so everything looked awesome!

I'm so excited for the sequel and I hope you make it with SE so there'd be more features...
...But then it'll be... Never mind
You should make it with a mod, not with just sprite changes but more features. You could use Mario + Portal's triggers (environmental and region) so Antilitus someone else could say "Stop jumping so much" when you jump a lot or "I told you to NOT go in there" when you enter a place using region triggers.
Or *Shameless plug alert* you can use my mods upcoming features (except text) vertical scrolling and tile tools.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 01 Jan 2014, 18:35

alesan99 wrote:I downloaded this mappack a few days ago but never finished it.
Now I did, and it was AMAZING!
This has to be the best plot in a mappack!
I played it in HD so everything looked awesome!

I'm so excited for the sequel and I hope you make it with SE so there'd be more features...
...But then it'll be... Never mind
You should make it with a mod, not with just sprite changes but more features. You could use Mario + Portal's triggers (environmental and region) so Antilitus someone else could say "Stop jumping so much" when you jump a lot or "I told you to NOT go in there" when you enter a place using region triggers.
Or *Shameless plug alert* you can use my mods upcoming features (except text) vertical scrolling and tile tools.
These things would be very awesome with some of our mods, but the best thing from Hans mappacks are that mods are optional. Making mappacks with Triggers, Environmental Triggers or Vertical Scrolling would ruin vanilla plays.
I'm just saying that because I'm making "Pop A Portal - Coop", and the "maps" I made for them (I draw my mappacks before building them) made me REQUIRE a mod (and some people don't like it).

Of course, he could use either "customlevels" from my mod or "modmappacks" from your mod. I don't know, just posting what came up to my mind.

Speaking of it, I think we already have a mappack to call "The Best" on "Mappacks Guide and Rating". I've always let clear how much I loved this mappack, and I don't remember playing any better mappack :)

EDIT: Sorry my stupidity. It was already the "Best Mappack" there. I just forgot that :S

alesan99

Post » 01 Jan 2014, 18:41

I can see why people don't want mappacks to be mod exclusive. But that's bad because the people that want to use more features stop working on their mappack until SE comes.

HugoBDesigner wrote:Speaking of it, I think we already have a mappack to call "The Best" on "Mappacks Guide and Rating". I've always let clear how much I loved this mappack, and I don't remember playing any better mappack :)

Agreed

Automatik

Post » 01 Jan 2014, 23:26

I liked that mappack, but there was still a lot of bugs.
Tileset : Sometime it can get confusing.
See that background block next to mario? I though it was collidable, and accidentally jumped into the pit. That background can be also confusing(Ok I didn't try to jump on these platforms, but still), you should use a darker grey.
1-1_1:I though the  reward was the coin. 
4-2 : Sometimes the jumping koopas in the "random laser machine" will unload, which make it actually impossible to pass the door.  Also, for the final room, I see that you wanted the players to kill the spikeys with the red lasers before entering the room, but I personally tried to go with the cubes portal these ennemies above the blue lasers, then jumping back into the portal. :p(Not trying to criticise) 
4-3 : I was stuck at the "goomba tower" part. I get that you have to  get the goombas to press every button to open the door but it was really hard since they can glitch through doors .
World 5 : If you give a mushroom to the player in 5-1, then give him a way to "lose" it in 5-3. Because I got stuck in that level for having a big Mario. I had to edit suspend.txt to keep playing.
6-3 : Hahahahahahaha.
6-4 : So that highly protected cube wasn't useful?
7-3 : I spawned at the start of the 2nd test, on the pipe.
7-1 : I could complete the level without killing Steve!
7-4_0 :  "No! CrOp!" 
7-4_2 : How can you guess that you have to  reenter the door ? The arrow was pointing to the wrong location.
7-4_3 :  "I hope the death of my fMiend was not in vain" 

HansAgain

Post » 02 Jan 2014, 00:06

Automatik wrote:See that background block next to mario? I though it was collidable, and accidentally jumped into the pit. That background can be also confusing(Ok I didn't try to jump on these platforms, but still), you should use a darker grey.
I will fix the backgrounds, i won't change the color of the tiles, but i will remove that tile.
Automatik wrote: 1-1_1:I though the  reward was the coin. 
I thought about give to the player a coin on every level, but then i noticed it's useless, i will remove the coins.
Automatik wrote: 4-2 : Also, for the final room, I see that you wanted the players to kill the spikeys with the red lasers before entering the room, but I personally tried to go with the cubes portal these ennemies above the blue lasers, then jumping back into the portal. :p(Not trying to criticise)[/sp]
It's a way to solve it, i didn't think about it, but i don't mind.
Automatik wrote:4-3 : I was stuck at the "goomba tower" part. I get that you have to  get the goombas to press every button to open the door but it was really hard since they can glitch through doors .
You have to kill them, i don't know how you got that.
Automatik wrote: 6-3 : Hahahahahahaha.
I will think that you are laughing because it's funny.
Automatik wrote: 6-4 : So that highly protected cube wasn't useful?
I forgot that, it's supposed to be a little puzzle, but i will remove it later.
Automatik wrote: 7-3 : I spawned at the start of the 2nd test, on the pipe.
I don't know how, are you using any mod?
Automatik wrote: 7-1 : I could complete the level without killing Steve!
Good for you, but i bet you killed him the first time.
Automatik wrote: 7-4_0 :  "No! CrOp!" 
In case you didn't noticed it,  in 4-3_1, he says "crop", too, he won't say "crap", he isn't that bad. 
Automatik wrote: 7-4_2 : How can you guess that you have to  reenter the door ? The arrow was pointing to the wrong location.
I was hoping you to  understand that you have to press the down arrow. 
Automatik wrote: 7-4_3 :  "I hope the death of my fMiend was not in vain" 
Now i feel bad. You don't have to hate the fmiends, they are friends too.

Thanks for telling all of this, i have work to do.

EDIT:
Ok, i did it.
ZIP
RAR
I'm not pretty sure if they are fixed, i noticed that when i modify something in alesan's mod, it usually not saves.

Automatik

Post » 02 Jan 2014, 12:57

I don't know how, are you using any mod?
No, It's just that the 's"out of pipe"'s sublevel option was put on sublevel 0.And apparently, when you begin a level, mari0 think that you just went out of sublevel 0 so he put you on that pipe. To fix this, the reload pipe from that level should lead to a sublevel.(Which contains a pipe which lead back to the normal level.)