Super Mario Bros. Remake Map [Still in Progress]

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
SuperScourge

Post » 22 Mar 2013, 09:44

Super Mario Bros. Remake Beta

What is Super Mario Bros. Remake you ask? Well it's a total remake of Super Mario Bros. with my own levels that should bring a lot of challenges to face, there's tons of crazy levels to play in this map Pack of mine

Plus I couldn't think of a better name for this because of the character limits

There are two borrowed Maps I've used from World 1-1 and 1-2 (no sublevel) so you can play the original level for this and when you enter world 1-2 you'll enter a zany underground level made by me and yes it does have a warp zone area but it's not ready yet.

I'm using a Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels Titleset it was provided by xXxrenhoekXx ( viewtopic.php?f=12&t=266&hilit=the+lost+levels ) which I used and fixed up the Castle Floor title to have the black line that was missing from it so it stands on my custom castle background.

Icon: Image

Screenshots:

This is a world you may be familiar with
world 1-1
Image - borrowed from The SMB pack - the bonus level is there also with a custom background that I done for which is straight from the All Stars version and converted into NES colors

world 1-1's Bonus Level - still the same since I used the SMB pack for this

world 1-2 - this one is used to get underground

main level 1-2

Image - these two bricks are coin blocks you can hit if you like

Image this part from the entrance is the likeness from the original 1-2 but it gets more wackier from here there's Bullet bills being launched here! and stops at a certain point.

This is where the fun begins

Image this L-Pipe contains two bonus levels you can go into the bottom is the main Bonus level while the one on the top is the hidden castle bonus level (or I should say my own lost level)

Image - here's my secret hidden bowser castle sublevel just filled with coins and a challenge to use the portals

Image - right here you'll have to use portals to make it through and you cannot jump the gap you'll have to use them again.

Image here we have some coins and two fire rods one's big and the other small

Image this stage has no bowser is here at sight this is just a bonus level styled stage made and one of my own lost levels

As I said the bottom pipe is the main bonus level (used the SMB map pack's for this)

Image - I just stuck this Hammerbro and he'll try to stop you from going any further

Image the unfinished warp zone I yet to work on still.

World 1-3 - some screen shots of this can't get them all

Image- it starts off here and you see bullet bills shooting to make as a challenge

Image there's a seesaw here and some platforms to get to the other side and complete the level

- at this point you'll have to be extra because careful there's a Bullet bill luncher ready to kill you or make you small Image

After that you'll get to the Bowser's castle and complete this wacky challenging level.

Download (.zip):http://www.mediafire.com/?95amlceo5c2h92s.zip Main Zip file of my Map Pack [updated to 0.2 now]
Download 0.2b(.zip):http://www.mediafire.com/?mkycuars63x7tz6 - had reworked world 1-4 to be easier now and no new levels yet on this point. [fixed both 1-3's ending with a little more titles to jump across and 1-4 up too]
Version history

0.1b - have two original levels world 1-1 and it's bonus level and 1-2 main level and it's original 1-2 Bonus level on Bottom pipe. - three levels made at the time plus custom music Bonus level from Super Mario All Stars made into NES 8-bit.
Last edited by SuperScourge on 26 Mar 2013, 05:55, edited 7 times in total.

Mari0Maker

Post » 24 Mar 2013, 02:54

Very nice for your very first Mappack post!
I will say this though: cut down on the screenshots. Until we get "real" spoiler tags. :)

Mari0Maker

Post » 25 Mar 2013, 03:09

I decided you needed a trailer. :D

Superjustinbros

Post » 25 Mar 2013, 05:59

Since this is your real first outing on the forums, I'm not going to go harsh on you as I've done with several others. But judging from the screens alone, you seem intendent on exploiting as many gimmicks as you can into one level at the same time, and normally I dislike edits of SMB1's original levels, but like I said, this is your first major creation, so it's alright to try and learn the editor and how all the features work before you produce levels form scratch. Just avoid inconsistent difficulty and cheap traps, and you should be good.

SuperScourge

Post » 26 Mar 2013, 02:26

Superjustinbros wrote:Since this is your real first outing on the forums, I'm not going to go harsh on you as I've done with several others. But judging from the screens alone, you seem intendent on exploiting as many gimmicks as you can into one level at the same time, and normally I dislike edits of SMB1's original levels, but like I said, this is your first major creation, so it's alright to try and learn the editor and how all the features work before you produce levels form scratch. Just avoid inconsistent difficulty and cheap traps, and you should be good.
Got it I'll try something new soon like making test maps for what the level editor does and such, not only this is my own levels I would like it a bit challenging to bring what I could do. 0.2b is with a easier 1-4 castle and it's somewhat weird - also I been looking at the SMB Official pack as research on how each level was done.
Mari0Maker wrote:I decided you needed a trailer. :D
this is only the first beta though and pretty much a first shot making levels, may release the 0.2b map soon.

Also There's gonna be a unreleased beta underwater castle level I'm gonna make but not gonna add in a pipe that leads to it on my next release

After countless hours to make an new world in 0.3b will be up for grabs soon. it also has a bonus level and a unused experimental beta level you can redo which is another one an underwater castle a test maze level (so i can now how the maze gates work like Gate number two or three, I've did and never gonna release which these two levels are in World 2-1, without further info I'll release it as soon as I finish up the second world up first.

SuperScourge

Post » 31 Mar 2013, 02:12

I'm gonna have to delay my process for the next release that has more levels and some behind the scenes fixes but without further waiting I could release the 0.3b right now and you can see what I have for now.

here's some changes within' 0.3b if you're interested

0.3b - Added 2-1 with two bonus levels - fixed 1-2's sublevel 4's pipe routing, added missing piranha plant on 1-2's sublevel 4's pipe, Released a test maze level in 2-1.