my 2nd hard easy (medium) map (REMOVED)

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
nikkodrummer

Post » 17 Feb 2013, 10:19

POST REMOVE
:C
Last edited by nikkodrummer on 18 Feb 2013, 05:43, edited 1 time in total.

Matu_Il_Mito

Post » 17 Feb 2013, 12:01

another useles mappack/thread

jokekid

Post » 17 Feb 2013, 19:21

seeing the pic, this should actually be a level of the what not to do mappack...
seriously, why so much spam?

TurretBot

Post » 17 Feb 2013, 20:20

we already have an enemy spam level
otherwise I would

Dark[Ol(U23)leneri]

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 01:10

PLS PERMABAN THIS GUY FOR THIS SPAM LVL

TripleXero

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 01:23

I don't think people's ability to make levels is a reason to permanently ban somebody

Vyper

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 02:46

That level is insane.

nikkodrummer

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 05:41

sorry for a useless thread :( just wanna share for every one :(

nikkodrummer

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 05:41

Dark[Ol(U23)leneri] wrote:PLS PERMABAN THIS GUY FOR THIS SPAM LVL
sorry if u dont like my level i can delete it :\

Superjustinbros

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 06:19

Don't feel bad, nikkodrummer. Those were very much just experiments. It's very possible most of us have never published our first few map packs because they didn't feel up on par with other mappacks.

If you get better, I'm sure we'll be playing your mappacks nonstop. It may not happen, but it's possible. :)

nikkodrummer

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 07:14

Superjustinbros wrote:Don't feel bad, nikkodrummer. Those were very much just experiments. It's very possible most of us have never published our first few map packs because they didn't feel up on par with other mappacks.

If you get better, I'm sure we'll be playing your mappacks nonstop. It may not happen, but it's possible. :)
thanks
im gonna uplaod a mappack (its not a spam ) not hard just push some buttons
and its a sorry message for all of my hater :C
heres a pic Image
on that right most part is a door and means u can get out of that part
*u need to carry that box outside to win the game C:*
thanks again

idiot9.0

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 07:44

Nikko, you have absolutely no reason to be sorry. You did absolutely nothing wrong.
Sure, it was filled with enemy spam, and I'll admit it looked like a bad map. But that does not mean you had to delete it and make a "I'm sorry" map.

The people who went "Useless map-pack", "Permaban him!", and anyone else who put you down for it are the ones wrong here. They should've been more like SJB here and actually offered some actual critique on it and suggested ways to help you make a much better map, instead of just cussing you out like they did.

What I would suggest is try playing some of the other mappacks made before you try again, just so you can see some of the better ones made and get a good feel of how a level should be. I'd recommend playing 0'brothers, A0zora, and Glitchy Error to get started. I could recommend more if you would like. After playing those you should try to make another one again. They all contain what's good in a mappack: Fun levels, fair enemy placement (no enemy spam at all, I can't stress that enough), good puzzles, and are overall fun. I'm sure you'll make some good maps once you get the hang of it all.

Also welcome to the forums as this is the first time I've seen you, and allow me to say sorry for the stupidity of the members who made you feel you had to say sorry.

Superjustinbros

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 08:27

0'brothers actually overuses the most difficult of Koopa shell puzzles possible ever used in Mario fan works, so unless you're up for a challenge and are used to maneuvering Shells with portals, steer clear.

I'm sure if you look around the forums enough, you'll find some good map packs to download. Itzrally's "Darkness", Lolpoop89's "Fusion", Marco's "Lines", Raalph Sic's "Advanced Portals and Plumbers", Mariobros2's "Mario Adventure", Rachel's Mappack, ucenna's "SMB Seasons", TripleXZero's "Super Windows 98", Alice's "Wonderland", Willware's "Zeta", Pelord's "Kount Kong Tests" and Qwerty's "Qwerty Levels". These don't reach the levels of insanity with unforgiving sell puzzles as 0'Bros, so you'd be better off trying these to get the ultimate feeling of how to create the best maps you possibly can. Don't be afraid to check the levels with an editor to see how everything works, and if you run into any troubles, just let us know; we'll make sure you enjoy your time with us on the Mari0 forums.

Edit: Forgot to mention, A0zora, as mentioned above, is also a pretty good place to start with studying maps.
Last edited by Superjustinbros on 18 Feb 2013, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

renhoek

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 11:39

idiot9.0 wrote:0'brothers, A0zora
saying those two words in the same sentance is sjb's trigger word YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL! (no offence sjb)

anyway on a serious note, if it's your first time creating a map I strongly suggest reading this (and don't make maps that are just to say things like sorry :P)
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1642
(also way to be a dick to this guy guys, how about we just make anyone who breaks a rule gets perma-banned too? Post like these make me want to leave as the community here keeps going down the sh*t hole.)

HAPPYFACES

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 12:39

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:
saying those two words in the same sentance is sjb's trigger word YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL! (no offence sjb)

anyway on a serious note, if it's your first time creating a map I strongly suggest reading this (and don't make maps that are just to say things like sorry :P)
(also way to be a dick to this guy guys, how about we just make anyone who breaks a rule gets perma-banned too? Post like these make me want to leave as the community here keeps going down the sh*t hole.)
I suppose it's because everyone is becoming a little hostile due to the lack of imagination and knowledge that Mari0 (And for that matter, Stabyourself.net...) was first born on. But what do I know? I've only been registered for 7 months, and have only just begun posting.

On topic; yes, simple maps can be annoying, but they're just tests. I commend Nikko for being outgoing and at least trying to create something insightful and challenging, s/he might just need a little more time to become accustomed to the map editor, and who knows? Maybe s/he'll make the next best thing. In time.

which reminds me, I saw suggestions in the "How not to Make a Mappack" thread... I'm gonna need to give my Steampunk pack a big overhaul.

Qcode

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 14:39

Last edited by Qcode on 21 Oct 2021, 09:06, edited 1 time in total.

nikkodrummer

Post » 19 Feb 2013, 08:29

idiot9.0 wrote:Nikko, you have absolutely no reason to be sorry. You did absolutely nothing wrong.
Sure, it was filled with enemy spam, and I'll admit it looked like a bad map. But that does not mean you had to delete it and make a "I'm sorry" map.

The people who went "Useless map-pack", "Permaban him!", and anyone else who put you down for it are the ones wrong here. They should've been more like SJB here and actually offered some actual critique on it and suggested ways to help you make a much better map, instead of just cussing you out like they did.

What I would suggest is try playing some of the other mappacks made before you try again, just so you can see some of the better ones made and get a good feel of how a level should be. I'd recommend playing 0'brothers, A0zora, and Glitchy Error to get started. I could recommend more if you would like. After playing those you should try to make another one again. They all contain what's good in a mappack: Fun levels, fair enemy placement (no enemy spam at all, I can't stress that enough), good puzzles, and are overall fun. I'm sure you'll make some good maps once you get the hang of it all.

Also welcome to the forums as this is the first time I've seen you, and allow me to say sorry for the stupidity of the members who made you feel you had to say sorry.
tnx feelin better :|

nikkodrummer

Post » 19 Feb 2013, 08:30

HAPPYFACES wrote:
xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:

I suppose it's because everyone is becoming a little hostile due to the lack of imagination and knowledge that Mari0 (And for that matter, Stabyourself.net...) was first born on. But what do I know? I've only been registered for 7 months, and have only just begun posting.

On topic; yes, simple maps can be annoying, but they're just tests. I commend Nikko for being outgoing and at least trying to create something insightful and challenging, s/he might just need a little more time to become accustomed to the map editor, and who knows? Maybe s/he'll make the next best thing. In time.

which reminds me, I saw suggestions in the "How not to Make a Mappack" thread... I'm gonna need to give my Steampunk pack a big overhaul.
ok :)

nikkodrummer

Post » 19 Feb 2013, 08:31

Qcode wrote:What idiot, renhoek, sjb, and happyfaces said. Everyone's crap the first time they try something. It's just how much you want to keep persisting and get better at that one thing. In this case it's mapping. You'll get better you just need some practice. I'd tell you now to go look at my amazing map pack for pointers, but to be honest, I've been around since Mari0's release and I'm still terrible at mapping! Mostly from a lack of trying. I also haven't got an artistic bone in my body, so that doesn't really help. I'll quit rambling now, just keep going at it man, no one can stop you.
gee thanks C:

renhoek

Post » 19 Feb 2013, 14:14

heads up don't double/triple post just say thank you next time.