Minecraft survival map

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
Drksteel

Post » 17 Apr 2012, 21:52

I made this survival map a while ago
Its based on minecraft

There are 4 difficulties Right now,
Day- Easy (2 lakitus)
Night- Meduim (3 Lakitus)
Nether- Challanging (2 fireballs, never ending bowser flame and about 6 lakitus)
End- INSANE (Bullet bills, flying fish, Bloopers and a lot of lakitus)

Screenies are included with map Download below
http://www.mediafire.com/?s1pm84ov88ygatd

renhoek

Post » 18 Apr 2012, 03:17

the idea of screen shots is to know what you're downloading

people won't look at the pics if they already have the mappack.

RWLabs

Post » 19 Apr 2012, 08:22

I tried it and I can't say I liked it all too well. For one thing, if you run to the far right the lakitus go away, because that's the end of the screen. Second thing, I think there should be a better goal than "stay alive for as long as you can" because it gets pretty repetitive. There's not even a timer which measures how long you stayed alive, which means to fully play this map you need a timer of your own. This mappack could have been exactly the same without the minecraft texture.

But the graphics were really good (except for the borders), it had an old minecrafty feel to it.

And what renhoek said...

Drksteel

Post » 19 Apr 2012, 22:15

RWLabs wrote:I tried it and I can't say I liked it all too well. For one thing, if you run to the far right the lakitus go away, because that's the end of the screen. Second thing, I think there should be a better goal than "stay alive for as long as you can" because it gets pretty repetitive. There's not even a timer which measures how long you stayed alive, which means to fully play this map you need a timer of your own. This mappack could have been exactly the same without the minecraft texture.

But the graphics were really good (except for the borders), it had an old minecrafty feel to it.

And what renhoek said...
Well as far as i know, i don't know how to fix the lakitu thing, without lakitus theres no endless spawn of enemies. Also, flying fish are too easy. Im thinking on fixing on how the spawning works like adding a "Round/wave" system. so a v2 should come up sometime WITH screenies this time.

RWLabs

Post » 20 Apr 2012, 01:22

How about there's a timer(s) which unlocks the next stage and you need to survive until it unlocks it? This has a potential to become a good mappack

Zlmpery

Post » 20 Apr 2012, 03:35

I have yet to try this, but here are the images he supplied in the zip. (Yeah, I know. They're scale 3. Just right-click view image to see a full version.)
Day:
-snip-
Nether:
-snip-
Night:
-snip-
Starting:
-snip-

Looks decent. Hopefully we can get some creeper mods or something.
Last edited by Zlmpery on 21 Apr 2012, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

trosh

Post » 20 Apr 2012, 11:03

GGG
please remove pictures in post above.