Snakeskin - Another PuzzleScript game

Feel free to showcase your own projects!
HugoBDesigner

Post » 02 Apr 2018, 14:10

Oh hey, look! It's me again!
This time, though, with a new game (instead of a remake/proof of concept). This game is called "Snakeskin", a game where you, as a snake, must eat fruit while also shedding your skin while doing so. The goal is simple: cover the entire field with your dead skin! Be mindful, though: if you leave gaps and fruit spawns there, it will rot and you will starve!

Fun story of how this came to be:
I wanted to make a game that revolved around randomness, without being unfair. Then I thought "hmmm, lemme try remaking Snake". Got fruit spawning and you leaving an extra body behind. "Okay, now all I gotta do is make the body follow you, or the body ahead". While playing around with just the body-spawning, it dawned upon me: "Dang! Having the body follow the head or other body parts in order will be quite a pain to make, I didn't think of it... But oh well, for the time being, let me see if I can fill this board with snake body while I think about it". Once I realized there was a strategy behind it, it was all "Welp, now I know which game I'm making!"

Features:
- Antitrapping disguised as a game mechanic (why should rotten fruits kill you from afar?);
- Randomness manipulation - so that you don't go in circles all the time before you get fruit where you need;
- Swampland, because every snake can swim;
- Random-looking tiles, because patterns are boring;
- A lack of undo, because randomness comes at a price;
- Pro-veganism message: nevermind that the snake would die over time from eating exclusively fruit.

Play it here:
https://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html? ... fa3fc7f6e8

Post shamelessly copied from the PuzzleScript forum page