Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

abandoned

Feel free to showcase your own projects!
imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 12 Jun 2016, 04:07

thi is abandoned. if it is not locked by someone, still do not reply to it. if I ever need an extra thread here for some reason, i'll reopen it for that reason and deltete all the previous comments left on this thread. thank you for your understanding.
Last edited by imgudman4567 on 13 Jun 2016, 23:37, edited 3 times in total.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4635
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 713
Contact:

Post » 12 Jun 2016, 05:14

imgudman4567 wrote:I will start work on it as soon as this is posted, so yeah.

there's your first problem

and for the graphics, they're probably compressed

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 12 Jun 2016, 07:30

TurretBot wrote:and for the graphics, they're probably compressed

Thanks, now, how to decompress SNES graphics... GOOGLE!!! I NEED YOUR HELP AGAIN!!!

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 214

Post » 12 Jun 2016, 14:53

I don't think you realize how much work this'll need, you should do some research into what tools/resources are available and take into account the limitations of what you're working with.

As far as I know there's no tools for KSS currently, so unless you want to bang your head on the table for several hours with decompression tools and continue said head banging trying to re compress them, I'd say you should probably search for something that's easier to modify.

Also don't make a thread for this sort of thing until you actually have something to show for it, otherwise you're just making empty promises and setting up expectations for yourself that you might not be able to live up to.

I'd say start with NES stuff since that's normally easier to modify, I speak from experience

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 12 Jun 2016, 20:09

renhoek wrote:I don't think you realize how much work this'll need, you should do some research into what tools/resources are available and take into account the limitations of what you're working with.

As far as I know there's no tools for KSS currently, so unless you want to bang your head on the table for several hours with decompression tools and continue said head banging trying to re compress them, I'd say you should probably search for something that's easier to modify.

Also don't make a thread for this sort of thing until you actually have something to show for it, otherwise you're just making empty promises and setting up expectations for yourself that you might not be able to live up to.

I'd say start with NES stuff since that's normally easier to modify, I speak from experience


Thanks for the advice, renhoek. But I actually have edited NES ROMs thanks to a YouTube channel I forgot the name of, so maybe if I take some of your advice, maybe I should instead do one of the Kirby games on the NES? Makes sense to me. So I'll start there, then once I figure out how to do the things with SNES, I'll do this. Ey, Saso, you can lock this thread now.

MagicPillow
User avatar
Posts: 1234
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 04:59
Reputation: 296
Contact:

Post » 12 Jun 2016, 21:48

It's usually a good idea to wait until you have at least a good chunk of the work done before you make a thread about it. Otherwise, it usually just ends up as an abandoned project.

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 13 Jun 2016, 04:07

MagicPillow wrote:It's usually a good idea to wait until you have at least a good chunk of the work done before you make a thread about it. Otherwise, it usually just ends up as an abandoned project.

*ahem* This thread has the loced by some admin today for a reason, I abondoed it.

MagicPillow
User avatar
Posts: 1234
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 04:59
Reputation: 296
Contact:

Post » 13 Jun 2016, 08:33

What I'm saying is that, in the future, you should make more progress before posting a thread to avoid more abandoned projects like this one.

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 13 Jun 2016, 23:16

imgudman4567 wrote:*ahem* This thread has the loced by some admin today for a reason, I abondoed it.

Jman99887
Posts: 9
Joined: 23 Aug 2014, 04:04
Reputation: 0

Post » 15 Jun 2016, 01:46

the post is still not locked which proves it isn't """""""""""""abondoed"""""""""""""

Wilo
User avatar
Posts: 969
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 06:36
Reputation: 259

Post » 15 Jun 2016, 04:15

the post is still not posted in since forever (at least 3 days) which proves it is """""""""""""abondoed"""""""""""""

NightKawata
User avatar
Posts: 25
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 22:53
Reputation: 7
Contact:

Post » 18 Jun 2016, 01:42

well sure it's definitely not "abondoed"
that's because that's not a word


Return to “Game development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest