Indie Cthulu Inspired Survival Horror FPS

Feel free to showcase your own projects!
eyemobi

Post » 10 Apr 2014, 23:10

Hi Guys,
We've working on a new game inspired by Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth (DCOTE).

I've always been inspired by the Cthulu mythos and have been itching to work on a game like DCOTE.

We are only a small indie team so making something of the grand scale of DCOTE isn't possible, but hopefully we can capture some of the similar elements.

The game is called Phantasmal : The house of the shunned ones. It's an FPS, and the objective is simple - to escape the mansion. The mansion itself is completely procedurally generated so no two games will ever be alike. Each room and hallway is created randomly from it's components, i.e. walls, ceilings, floors, props etc.

Although the weapons are mostly conventional firearms currently, we plan to place a greater emphasis on makeshift weapons for the final release. You can currently pull pipes and wooden boards off the environment to fight.

Much like DCOTE - some enemies will cause you to lose your sanity. Over time you will begin to hallucinate, hear sounds and eventually die.

Anyway, we would love to make this game better so it would be great to have your feedback! :smile:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=39267.0

Flutter Skye

Post » 10 Apr 2014, 23:13

It looks very interesting. I'm looking forward the finished product.
Good luck!

alesan99

Post » 11 Apr 2014, 01:18

eyemobi wrote: :smile:
If you're going to go around forums and topics just to advertise your game you should at least post some effort editing the posts you copy paste.

Wow this is amazing! Was this game made from scratch?
I'm not really into horror games but I might give this a try sometime.