Sweet something I'm more familiar with, I'm trying this as I'm writing this post so I'll be writing my response after each level. (also in your 9-3 video at 1:21 there's a crouch jump, you should really replace that as that's more of an annoyance then a challenge but I'm liking the style)
- A bit slippery, very first death was the equivalent to a parked car. A pirahna plant.
- Second death - Tried to land on a goomba
- I tried to collect the first A coin and after spin jumping a few times I was finally able to break the block and get it.
- Got a starman the music for it overlapped the stage music, ran into a wall. jumped and was partially stuck, popped out and then fell into the hole... May want to fix that.
- for some reason the music's not playing.
- I tried to jump over a pit but hit my head even though I should have made the jump.
- just found out you have two starmen music overlapping each other.
- upon restart I got the ace coin and the text was the wrong way around.
Just beat the level on my last life. So far it wasn't so bad. But most of my deaths came from the physics rather than the level.
bit of a tip here move the starting view down so that the foreground doesn't cover the title card.
- first issue if you're in an un winnable situation you should be provided a reset pipe or a re spawn able throw able.
- landed next to a pipe, jumped and then the universe erased mario...
At this point mario turns down and right on the map.
- Tried to get through the secret passage hit the second wall of blocks behind the tree, jumped and then I was suddenly back to where I got the spring.
- Game Over -
- found out about save state and load state. Music doesn't play on load and the skid sound loops when paused. I'll be using this for the sake of my responce and I won't have to replay back to where I was. (remove this before the game get's let's played!)
- died on my way because the universe didn't want mario to win again.
- you can crouch slide into everything.
- I'm stuck trying to go past the upside down cannon as big mario.
- There's a leap of faith around the middle of the level.
- you can't stand up if you hold left or right and not down if you were crouching.
- I kicked a blue brick right through some regular bricks.
- I feel like this level's 5 times larger than level 1
- I've died like 50 times now my optimism isn't as high as it was going in, hopefully by 1-3 my experience will get better.
- Sometimes I can't break blocks while crouching.
- this is how I die most of the time...
- landed right on top of a goomba, still got hurt.
- I finally hit the checkpoint!... Why is it in a hard to reach place?
- 30 deaths later - You're shitting me.
(side note started SA2 Green forest since the music's driving me insane)
- I finally made it. I'm really tired now and this was insane compared to the first level.
- I had no problems with this level... I'm going to do 1-4 and that's going to be my last level. (aside from the hard to reach checkpoint)
- fell through the ground after a lucky jump, I'm done.
After what I've played I don't have much enthusiasm to continue (especially nine worlds of it damn) but I will give you this the level design was great but a bit iffy in a few segments. Plus most of the deaths that came to me were from shoddy programming but from what I played I really enjoyed 1-1 and 1-3 but you've got to work on your difficulty spike, if I didn't abuse save states on the map I would've given up ages ago.
I'd give what I've played a 8/10 it's really fun, but the second level and some programming errors hold this from being a really good game.