Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

[0.4]Cookie Clicker for LÖVE

Feel free to showcase your own projects!
alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 30 Oct 2013, 17:44

This is my first "game" and it's a remake of cookie clicker with my additions/changes!.

It has all these awesome features!
A big cookie you can click!
9 "Items" you can buy!
Tool tips!
Press "c" the check prices!
Save your game by pressing "s" and load it by pressing "L"!
Ummm, cookie counter on the top left?

DOWNLOAD V.0.4

Screenshot
Image

Video (OLD)
Last edited by alesan99 on 02 Nov 2013, 03:35, edited 9 times in total.

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 30 Oct 2013, 23:08

Wow, this would be cool if you could make this happen!
May I give you the font? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92643584/Kavoon.zip

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 30 Oct 2013, 23:44

Thanks for the font I will add it later!

Anyways I finished the cursor that clicks every 5 seconds (It'll be in the next update).
Image

I never had so much fun at coding!

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 30 Oct 2013, 23:59

Here's the URLs for all of the images.

Code: Select all

http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/cookie.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/currency.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/currencysmall.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/cursor.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/cursoricon.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/factory.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/factorygrandma.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/factoryicon.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/favicon.ico
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/goldengrandma.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/grandma.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/grandmaicon.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/grandmaiconinvert.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/grandmaiconlustful.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/kaleigrandma.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/lab.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/labicon.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/mine.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/minegrandma.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/mineicon.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/pledgedgrandma.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/pledgeicon.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/pledgeicon.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/portal.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/portalgrandma.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/portalicon.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/shipment.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/shipmentgrandma.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/shipmenticon.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/skellington.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/timegrandma.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/timemachine.png
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/timemachineicon.png
https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/btn/btn_donate_LG.gif
https://www.paypalobjects.com/nl_NL/i/scr/pixel.gif

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 01:24

UPDATED To version 0.2
Image

Added Font
Added Shop
Added Cursors in the shop
Added Grandmas in the shop
Added Farms in the shop

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4649
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 718
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 02:32

Sandwich Smasher!
...please?

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 02:33

Turret Opera wrote:Sandwich Smasher!
...please?

What?

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4649
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 718
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 02:37

alesan99 wrote:
Turret Opera wrote:Sandwich Smasher!
...please?

What?

Nevermind.

Bonko
User avatar
Posts: 484
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 00:59
Reputation: 5

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 02:48

Nice job!
There is a long way to go, clearly, but you've made good progress.
I suggest making the items increase in cost exponential or something, instead of a pattern (cursors increase by 2 each time)
Also, displaying the cost for each item would be fairly easy to do.

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 02:54

Bonko wrote:Nice job!
There is a long way to go, clearly, but you've made good progress.
I suggest making the items increase in cost exponential or something, instead of a pattern (cursors increase by 2 each time)
Also, displaying the cost for each item would be fairly easy to do.

Thank you.
I'm not sure about the math done to make prices increase.
I'll make the price show up.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4649
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 718
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 03:12

do:
normal price of the item
multiplied by
the amount you have of the item + 1
equals
new price

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 03:21

It needs the notification for when you collect a cookie.
This is looking really good, though! :D

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32
Reputation: 417
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 03:23

This looks like a fantastic start!
Maybe make it something except cookies? Kind of like some stabyourself fan game or something? I don't know, the whole cookie thing is getting a little too old in my opinion
More importantly though, can you add like a save so that we can exit the program and keep our stats? THat would be super nice. I could probably add it in like 5 minutes but I don't wanna mess with your stuff. Keep up the amazing work Alesan, you're definitely one of the best contributors on these forums. I always look forward to anything you make. Seriously, you're a really awesome forum-person-user-contributor-person-guy

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 03:26

B-Man99 wrote:This looks like a fantastic start!
Maybe make it something except cookies? Kind of like some stabyourself fan game or something? I don't know, the whole cookie thing is getting a little too old in my opinion
More importantly though, can you add like a save so that we can exit the program and keep our stats? THat would be super nice. I could probably add it in like 5 minutes but I don't wanna mess with your stuff. Keep up the amazing work Alesan, you're definitely one of the best contributors on these forums. I always look forward to anything you make. Seriously, you're a really awesome forum-person-user-contributor-person-guy

Thanks and I'll work on a platformer next but the problem is that i don't know a way to place tiles.

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 03:27

Look at Mari0's code? Look at another LÖVE platforming game's code?

You could even do it like in Order of Twilight, by making images.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32
Reputation: 35

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 04:20

alesan99 wrote:the problem is that i don't know a way to place tiles.

there's about 15 different things that could be the problem here

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 04:26

I finished the load game feature (It'll be in the next update)

Press "S" to save your game

Press "L" to load your game

(I know that this makes it possible to cheat cookies but ohwell)

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 15:51

UPDATED TO Version 0.3
Image

I added factories, mines, shipments, labs, portals, and time machines to the shop.
I added the save game feature, press "s" to save and "L" to load
Press "c" to check prices (The game would look messy if the prices were there by default and that's why it disappears after a few seconds)

rokit
User avatar
Posts: 2108
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47
Reputation: 98

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 15:58

alesan99 wrote:Press "c" to check prices (The game would look messy if the prices were there by default and that's why it disappears after a few seconds)

make tooltips

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 16:01

rokit boy wrote:
alesan99 wrote:Press "c" to check prices (The game would look messy if the prices were there by default and that's why it disappears after a few seconds)

make tooltips

I could, but I'm going to work on another project now.

rokit
User avatar
Posts: 2108
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47
Reputation: 98

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 16:13

alesan99 wrote:
rokit boy wrote:
alesan99 wrote:Press "c" to check prices (The game would look messy if the prices were there by default and that's why it disappears after a few seconds)

make tooltips

I could, but I'm going to work on another project now.

what is it? also sent you a pm

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 16:40

rokit boy wrote:what is it?

A platformer.
Maybe...

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 22:29

Found a hilarious bug. Try using the scroller on the mouse to gain lots of cookies fast.

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2013, 22:39

Mari0Maker wrote:Found a hilarious bug. Try using the scroller on the mouse to gain lots of cookies fast.

):

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 01 Nov 2013, 04:01

Ok here is a early version of my new project (It's not a platformer)
http://www.mediafire.com/?cbrbk8y5njfspr9
Its silly.

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 01 Nov 2013, 04:04

alesan99 wrote:Ok here is a early version of my new project (It's not a platformer)
http://www.mediafire.com/?cbrbk8y5njfspr9
Its silly.

I was seriously about to post and say that the game crashed.
I like it though. Reminds me of HugoBDesigner's Troller.

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 01 Nov 2013, 04:24

Mari0Maker wrote:
alesan99 wrote:Ok here is a early version of my new project (It's not a platformer)
http://www.mediafire.com/?cbrbk8y5njfspr9
Its silly.

I was seriously about to post and say that the game crashed.
I like it though. Reminds me of HugoBDesigner's Troller.

Ha ha :D. The game will be longer and you'll have to do various tasks  to remove the blue screen. 

Bonko
User avatar
Posts: 484
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 00:59
Reputation: 5

Post » 02 Nov 2013, 02:46

Nailed it!

Image


The games a bit too easy, considering i started this less then 24 hours ago.
Also, can you put the prices in a smaller font size, and instead of clicking for the prices, and having it be up for a few seconds, can you make it so it is displayed as long as you hold down "c?"

Btw, instead of UPDATE #2 in the thread title, just make it the version. (0.3)

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 02 Nov 2013, 03:34

Awesome!

And the last update.
Fixes scrolling on cookie bug
Added tooltips
Grandmas and factories no longer overlap prices
DOWNLOAD

Mr.Q.Marx?
User avatar
Posts: 849
Joined: 15 May 2012, 18:35
Reputation: 27

Post » 02 Nov 2013, 23:28

alesan99 wrote:And the last update.

So you're finished with the project?

BobTheLawyer
User avatar
Posts: 2240
Joined: 01 May 2012, 21:00
Reputation: 55

Post » 02 Nov 2013, 23:31

0.4 is not a great place to end a project.

Mr.Q.Marx?
User avatar
Posts: 849
Joined: 15 May 2012, 18:35
Reputation: 27

Post » 02 Nov 2013, 23:55

Messed with the images and interface a bit. I'd post here but it's technically more of a mod of yours. Since noone's asked if you're cool with us posting mods I don't know the protocol. Here's what it looks like:
Image

I also rewrote some code. Not most but little bits like how the cookie highlight is drawn.

EDIT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7sj1fmtwe29w7a1/Cookie%20Clicker%200.4%20-Graphics%20Mod.love
Last edited by Mr.Q.Marx? on 03 Nov 2013, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 03 Nov 2013, 01:43

Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:Messed with the images and interface a bit. I'd post here but it's technically more of a mod of yours. Since noone's asked if you're cool with us posting mods I don't know the protocol. Here's what it looks like:
Image

I also rewrote some code. Not most but little bits like how the cookie highlight is drawn.

Looks very nice!
You can post a download here.
There was a note in the code that said

Code: Select all

you may mod it

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 03 Nov 2013, 01:47

BobTheLawyer wrote:0.4 is not a great place to end a project.

Well there's not much important things to add. I have other things to do as well so I don't want to spend all my time working on this.

Though I can work on it more if you guys really want me to.

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 198
Contact:

Post » 03 Nov 2013, 02:50

I haven't tried the project out myself, but if you're going to start a project you might as well see it through to a 1.0 release.

In this case, trying to make it look and feel almost exactly like the web version

Bonko
User avatar
Posts: 484
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 00:59
Reputation: 5

Post » 03 Nov 2013, 19:24

alesan99 wrote:
BobTheLawyer wrote:0.4 is not a great place to end a project.

Well there's not much important things to add. I have other things to do as well so I don't want to spend all my time working on this.

Though I can work on it more if you guys really want me to.

idiot9.0 wrote:I haven't tried the project out myself, but if you're going to start a project you might as well see it through to a 1.0 release.

In this case, trying to make it look and feel almost exactly like the web version

Not much important things? What? There's upgrades, a proper price increase system, cursor animations around the cookie, tweak some things (like put your mouse over the shop item to see how much it costs instead of pressing c)
And yeah listen to idiot.

BobTheLawyer
User avatar
Posts: 2240
Joined: 01 May 2012, 21:00
Reputation: 55

Post » 03 Nov 2013, 19:54

Alesan, if this is really a project you want to put your name on, I'd recommend doing it through.
If it was just a project to start with and get used to Love2d, I wouldn't worry about it.

Learning to finish projects is pretty important (something I haven't mastered), but truthfully, Cookie Clikers has already been made, so I wouldn't stress this.

When I said .4 isn't a great place to end, it was more of, if you're going to call it a finished project,.4 isn't a good place to do it.

If you like this project, finish it. If it isn't important to you, let it die. Your call. I wouldn't stress it, as the real game is already made, as long as you move to something you feel more strongly about and will actually finish.

Mr.Q.Marx?
User avatar
Posts: 849
Joined: 15 May 2012, 18:35
Reputation: 27

Post » 04 Nov 2013, 00:21

Bonko wrote: (like put your mouse over the shop item to see how much it costs instead of pressing c)

Already in game.

Also a proper increase would be more like currentprice = currentprice * 1.1
I don't understand your current system.

Edit:
Converted the price system more accurately from Cookie Clicker:

Code: Select all

grandmacost = math.floor(100 * (1.15 * grandmacount))

Centered the cookie counter.
Made it autoload last session.
....Probably did some other stuff. On a huge sugar rush. Just. yeah. Here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxqxs4jmrhmza1i/Cookie%20Clicker%200.5.love


Return to “Game development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron