Metanet Hunter

Feel free to showcase your own projects!
NightKawata

Post » 05 May 2013, 23:46

Alright! You're here because you've seen this, right?
Maybe? Possibly? No? Okay! That's not important.

This isn't either, but here's something I've created, called Metanet Hunter.
This title is essentially a remake of one of my older projects, that I really don't want to share.

It also has the same resolution and 4 color aspect of a Game Boy. That's fun, right?
Now then, it's got up to prototype status.

I need to create a proper menu and some music in order to finish the game, and that'll be done soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GALLERY:

Grassland: Not a lot goes on here, but you'll get used to the feel here!
(Levels 1-4)

Catacomb: Things get a bit more hectic here! Use your skills to your advantage, whatever skills you've got!
(Levels 5-8)

Skyland: Wow, we're high in the sky! Careful, it's a bit too cold for comfort!
(Levels 9-12)

Space: Beware, the low gravity allows you to jump higher, and fall slower! That'll help a bit later...
(Levels 13-16)

Hell: Oh no, we've made it to Hell! Think you've got what it takes to get through this area?
(Levels 17-20)

Shadow Realm: Here is your final challenge! Explore the Shadow Realm to find the Chaos Core, and then destroy it! Hurry, time's running out...
(Levels 21-27)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD SECTION:

Latest Copy: Download the Newest Prototype!
If you want to use WASD keyboard layout: Try this too!
(I'd greatly appreciate it if you can build executable files for Mac/Linux, as I can't)

HELP SECTION:

Controls:

Left/Right: Move Left/Right, respectively
Z: Jump

If you have the WASD copy, then:
A: Move Left
D: Move Right
Spacebar: Jump

1-5 at the Developer Menu: Change scale from 1x-5x, respectively
Escape: Quit

THE CHALLENGE:

Try to unlock Plus Mode!
That's how you get past Level 27. How do you do it? I'll let you figure that out. :awesome:

Post comments down below, please! Tell your friends too!

CREDITS:
NightKawata: Pretty much everything
Maurice: Physics.lua
Bartbes: Class.lua

Costinteo

Post » 06 May 2013, 00:37

So I got this, and I enjoyed it. Though, you could have used some different tiles combined, not just one type of tile per level, but if that's what you were going for, it's okay, I guess.

Also, I looked for some electronic 8-bit music (because I can't think of anything else) and found this.

If you're going to make the game free, I think there is no problem in copyrighted music.

Camewel

Post » 06 May 2013, 02:09

I don't understand any choice you made in designing this at all.

popcan12

Post » 06 May 2013, 11:47

If you want to use Royalty free music, there's always this: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-fr ... ctions.php

BobTheLawyer

Post » 06 May 2013, 21:15

I remember this from the Love2d irc (or something like it)...
Was there a version with color?

Flutter Skye

Post » 08 May 2013, 06:58

It's a little hard to jump from these balls.
Other than that , it's a good game , i give 7/10
Also what happened with Kinzoku Kuzu 2012 ?

LightningFire

Post » 08 May 2013, 20:12

The game's not bad. But you should really work on adding a title screen and some music.

NightKawata

Post » 08 May 2013, 22:59

LightningFire wrote:The game's not bad. But you should really work on adding a title screen and some music.
title screen's up and ready, so is a configuration file.
however, I'd rather create a custom soundtrack rather than using copyrighted music, but eh.

Music'll come whenever it does, I guess.