Motivational Speech

Feel free to showcase your own projects!
TheJonyMyster

Post » 06 Sep 2012, 03:45

This Isn't a game. If it doesn't fit here, Move it to Twatter.
Every time I look at a game being made, I read through the discussion until the end where
BAM
They say they give up.
We can't fill the forum with quitters! It will make us all look BAD.
We can't rely on the NORMAL game makers to make games! We need FUN GAMES! From the people on this Forum!
Mari0 is a fun game! When Stabyourself made that game, They didn't give up! The game was good, fun, And free! We need more of those games!
These games people give up on, they're Good, Fun, AND Free!
Take C0ntra, For example. It was a great project, But at the end they gave up. Not sure why.
Grav Game. Good potential, But (anonymous) Gave up. The game even had DYNAMIC SPLIT SCREEN!
I think I know why some people give up. It's because they don't give people demos to give constructive criticism and such.
People! It's not just their fault, it's Our Fault, too!
We LET THEM give up. They start something AMAZING, Then they give up. And we do NOTHING.
GameCreatorExample wrote:Oh I made a game!
PlayerOfGameExample wrote:Oh it's AWESOME!
GameCreatorExample wrote:Too Hard! I quit!
PlayerOfGameExample wrote:Ok! Bye!
That's what happens. We need to tell them that WE WANT their games!
And They Need to let us PLAY their games!
And one day, The Game Creation Section won't be so useless.

Comment if I'm wrong.

idiot9.0

Post » 06 Sep 2012, 05:14

Giving constructive criticism is good and needed for a game to be successful, but it also takes motivation and time. And sometimes, the game creators just don't have either. If they don't have the motivation to make a game, thinking it sucks or is a waste of time, or if they believe they can't go far with the game, there's not much anyone can do. And people just saying "Don't give up! I wanna play it so bad and you are the bestest game maker evah!!!" doesn't do much for motivation. Most of the games here, including C0ntra and GravGame, had the creators losing motivation, because they either thought it sucked or they just didn't want to finish it.

Good games need the creators to WANT to finish them. Feedback from fans/forum goers is good, but in the end it's the creator's choice to finish.

Camewel

Post » 06 Sep 2012, 09:09

I really don't know why you picked the name 'idiot' when you're consistently one of the smartest people on the forums.
TheJonyMyster wrote:Grav Game. Good potential, But (anonymous) Gave up. The game even had DYNAMIC SPLIT SCREEN!
You realise that when I say I 'gave up' on GravGame I was actually kinda lying, right? I took a handful of things out and changed the entire premise of the game, but there is still all the GravGame code in there. It's just easier to claim that I 'gave up' because then no-one bothers you about it.
Oh, and that dynamic splitscreen was terrible so don't get all excited about that.
By the way, quite who are you motivating here? I don't want people bothering me to finish GravGame because I'm never going to work an game that is under what I can to.

TheJonyMyster

Post » 07 Sep 2012, 03:12

Oh cool. Sorry.
Lock it again. I need to stop posting in the LOVE section for a while. D: