Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

Secret project - ROUND 2

Feel free to showcase your own projects!
tesselode
User avatar
Posts: 155
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:33
Reputation: 2

Post » 10 Jul 2012, 05:06

Guess what this game's going to be about! That's fun, right?

Image
Last edited by tesselode on 25 Jul 2012, 23:13, edited 3 times in total.

popcan12
User avatar
Posts: 600
Joined: 10 Feb 2012, 02:30
Reputation: 7

Post » 10 Jul 2012, 05:19

What physics engine does it use?

Qcode
User avatar
Posts: 1466
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00
Reputation: 72
Contact:

Post » 10 Jul 2012, 05:20

A shadow platformer where you do some stuff with white and dark things.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 215

Post » 10 Jul 2012, 05:23

a face with mutton chops
a foot
and a top hat.

tesselode
User avatar
Posts: 155
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:33
Reputation: 2

Post » 10 Jul 2012, 06:59

popcan12 wrote:What physics engine does it use?

It uses the Tesselode™ Physics System.

Image

Lawnboy
User avatar
Posts: 837
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 02:24
Reputation: 20

Post » 10 Jul 2012, 15:08

Just a random guess...
HALF LIFE 3.

tesselode
User avatar
Posts: 155
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:33
Reputation: 2

Post » 10 Jul 2012, 19:57

And here's a dynamic music generator! Of course, you need to run it multiple times.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37768120/platf ... icgen.love

Edit: now with low bass rumbles!

tesselode
User avatar
Posts: 155
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:33
Reputation: 2

Post » 11 Jul 2012, 20:07

Image

popcan12
User avatar
Posts: 600
Joined: 10 Feb 2012, 02:30
Reputation: 7

Post » 12 Jul 2012, 16:36

A world map, how will it work?

tesselode
User avatar
Posts: 155
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:33
Reputation: 2

Post » 16 Jul 2012, 18:17

OK, so I'm scrapping this idea. My idea was to have a metroidvania where rooms would be moved around and switched out with other rooms randomly each time you started the game, but that would be way too hard to design.

I have a new idea that I'm working on though; more info on that later.

trosh
User avatar
Posts: 1596
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36
Reputation: 8
Contact:

Post » 16 Jul 2012, 19:08

I hate to see projects get lost, but let's hope your new idea is a good one.

Mr.Q.Marx?
User avatar
Posts: 849
Joined: 15 May 2012, 18:35
Reputation: 27

Post » 16 Jul 2012, 22:49

tesselode wrote:OK, so I'm scrapping this idea. My idea was to have a metroidvania where rooms would be moved around and switched out with other rooms randomly each time you started the game, but that would be way too hard to design.

I have a new idea that I'm working on though; more info on that later.

Wouldn't it be quite easy to have a random generation of an interger (in a range) and have that represent one of the rooms? or is it the actual platformer element you'd have trouble with?

tesselode
User avatar
Posts: 155
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:33
Reputation: 2

Post » 17 Jul 2012, 04:37

Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:
tesselode wrote:OK, so I'm scrapping this idea. My idea was to have a metroidvania where rooms would be moved around and switched out with other rooms randomly each time you started the game, but that would be way too hard to design.

I have a new idea that I'm working on though; more info on that later.

Wouldn't it be quite easy to have a random generation of an interger (in a range) and have that represent one of the rooms? or is it the actual platformer element you'd have trouble with?

It's the design element. Since it's supposed to be a Metroidvania, you would expect upgrades or keys and doors or something, but if the rooms are in random order, it's very likely that you will be over to skip over a certain part, or even worse, it's possible that you won't be able to get past a certain part.

tesselode
User avatar
Posts: 155
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:33
Reputation: 2

Post » 18 Jul 2012, 22:12

Behold my cool-looking lighting and my not-so-cool-looking tilesets!

Image

Pyrosaur
User avatar
Posts: 769
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:15
Reputation: 3
Contact:

Post » 19 Jul 2012, 00:26

Whatever that is, it looks pretty nice so far. I would suggest making the edges on the floor/walls more defined.

tesselode
User avatar
Posts: 155
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:33
Reputation: 2

Post » 21 Jul 2012, 06:43


Flutter Skye
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54
Reputation: 789
Contact:

Post » 21 Jul 2012, 09:50

awesome! can't wait for you full version

tesselode
User avatar
Posts: 155
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:33
Reputation: 2

Post » 24 Jul 2012, 20:53

Here are the results after some recoding and stuff:

Image

Anyway, the main point of this post:
I need art help!

Image
Image

If someone could make jumping animations for these 2 sprites, that would be great. You will, of course, be credited for your work in the game. Feel free to change the size of the sprite if you need more room.

Pyrosaur
User avatar
Posts: 769
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:15
Reputation: 3
Contact:

Post » 24 Jul 2012, 22:07

What exactly are they? A description of the sprites would greatly help with knowing what the animation should look like.

Lawnboy
User avatar
Posts: 837
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 02:24
Reputation: 20

Post » 24 Jul 2012, 22:35

Yeah. I don't really understand what the sprites are representing...

tesselode
User avatar
Posts: 155
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:33
Reputation: 2

Post » 25 Jul 2012, 02:35

Yeah, I guess I didn't explain that very well. That is the main character, who is a person with half of his face replaced with a metal plate. He's wearing a large cape thing. He does indeed have feet, but they only need to poke out a bit for the jumping animation.

Edit: Never mind, don't bother animating it. Apparently you can't even tell what he is anyway.

popcan12
User avatar
Posts: 600
Joined: 10 Feb 2012, 02:30
Reputation: 7

Post » 02 Aug 2012, 02:13

Isn't that just one person, the one with the cyborg face is just him flipped around. How would you want the jumping animations.

tesselode
User avatar
Posts: 155
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:33
Reputation: 2

Post » 02 Aug 2012, 05:00

Actually, I've gotten someone else to do some graphics. I don't like this character design. Don't worry, the game isn't dead yet!

Legend_of_Kirby
User avatar
Posts: 754
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37
Reputation: 14
Contact:

Post » 24 Oct 2012, 00:19

tesselode wrote:Anyway, the main point of this post:
I need art help!



Challenge accepted.

tesselode
User avatar
Posts: 155
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:33
Reputation: 2

Post » 24 Oct 2012, 04:50

Haha, my old and abandoned projects keep getting bumped.

Legend_of_Kirby
User avatar
Posts: 754
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37
Reputation: 14
Contact:

Post » 25 Oct 2012, 02:05

tesselode wrote:Haha, my old and abandoned projects keep getting bumped.

Why would you abandon such an amazing project? D:

tesselode
User avatar
Posts: 155
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:33
Reputation: 2

Post » 26 Oct 2012, 02:31

Legend_of_Kirby wrote:
tesselode wrote:Haha, my old and abandoned projects keep getting bumped.

Why would you abandon such an amazing project? D:

Because it's not. I came to the conclusion that the game wouldn't be very fun. Also, if I did want to work on it, I should probably gain some graphic skills first.

TheJonyMyster
User avatar
Posts: 1873
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 05:12
Reputation: 24
Contact:

Post » 26 Oct 2012, 05:02

tesselode wrote:Because it's not. I came to the conclusion that the game wouldn't be very fun. Also, if I did want to work on it, I should probably gain some graphic skills first.


What do you mean it won't be fun? Give me three things that will make the game not fun.

one reason it WILL be fun:
everybody loves games that are randomized

(I would put more, but not much info on the game was posted)

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32
Reputation: 35

Post » 26 Oct 2012, 11:24

Jony, this game won't be randomised, that was the first cancelled project.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 215

Post » 26 Oct 2012, 13:19

TheJonyMyster wrote:
tesselode wrote:Because it's not. I came to the conclusion that the game wouldn't be very fun. Also, if I did want to work on it, I should probably gain some graphic skills first.


What do you mean it won't be fun? Give me three things that will make the game not fun.

one reason it WILL be fun:
everybody loves games that are randomized

(I would put more, but not much info on the game was posted)

how do you know it's fun if you haven't even played it?

TheJonyMyster
User avatar
Posts: 1873
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 05:12
Reputation: 24
Contact:

Post » 26 Oct 2012, 18:00

That's what I'm asking HIM! How does he know we WON'T like it if WE haven't even played it?

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 215

Post » 27 Oct 2012, 04:21

TheJonyMyster wrote:That's what I'm asking HIM! How does he know we WON'T like it if WE haven't even played it?

because he has played it.

TheJonyMyster
User avatar
Posts: 1873
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 05:12
Reputation: 24
Contact:

Post » 27 Oct 2012, 05:24

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:
TheJonyMyster wrote:That's what I'm asking HIM! How does he know we WON'T like it if WE haven't even played it?

because he has played it.

tesselode
User avatar
Posts: 155
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:33
Reputation: 2

Post » 27 Oct 2012, 05:55

TheJonyMyster wrote:
xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:
TheJonyMyster wrote:That's what I'm asking HIM! How does he know we WON'T like it if WE haven't even played it?

because he has played it.

I actually haven't played it, or for that matter, developed it enough to actually know if it's fun from experience. However, the idea of the game was that there would be puzzles involving both exploration and avoiding ghosts that only move in shadows. There probably wouldn't be very many interesting things I could do with that mechanic. Maybe somebody could make the game good just with a good enough atmosphere, but that's not my strong suit.

Legend_of_Kirby
User avatar
Posts: 754
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37
Reputation: 14
Contact:

Post » 09 Nov 2012, 20:35

tesselode wrote:
Legend_of_Kirby wrote:
tesselode wrote:Haha, my old and abandoned projects keep getting bumped.

Why would you abandon such an amazing project? D:

Because it's not. I came to the conclusion that the game wouldn't be very fun. Also, if I did want to work on it, I should probably gain some graphic skills first.

...They why don't you see if you can release the demo and then see if anyone would continue it! So sad seeing these very cool and innovating games just being canceled! *COUGH* Megaman legends 3 *COUGH*

croobos
Posts: 4
Joined: 19 Apr 2017, 08:08
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Post » 21 Apr 2017, 10:24

tesselode wrote:
Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:
tesselode wrote:OK, so I'm scrapping this idea. My idea was to have a metroidvania where rooms would be moved around and switched out with other rooms randomly each time you started the game, but that would be way too hard to design.

I have a new idea that I'm working on though; more info on that later.

Wouldn't it be quite easy to have a random generation of an interger (in a range) and have that represent one of the rooms? or is it the actual platformer element you'd have trouble with?

It's the design element. Since it's supposed to be a Metroidvania, you would expect upgrades or keys and doors or something, but if the rooms are in random order, it's very likely that you will be over to skip over a certain part, or even worse, it's possible that you won't be able to get past a certain part.


then you can make "groups" of chambers that can be random, so like one map, whit random starting points. after player finding the upgrades and keys, the next stage would be unlocked, whether it has random startiong points or not.

croobos
Posts: 4
Joined: 19 Apr 2017, 08:08
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Post » 21 Apr 2017, 10:27

tesselode wrote:Yeah, I guess I didn't explain that very well. That is the main character, who is a person with half of his face replaced with a metal plate. He's wearing a large cape thing. He does indeed have feet, but they only need to poke out a bit for the jumping animation.

Edit: Never mind, don't bother animating it. Apparently you can't even tell what he is anyway.


I want to try ☺

croobos
Posts: 4
Joined: 19 Apr 2017, 08:08
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Post » 21 Apr 2017, 10:33

croobos wrote:
tesselode wrote:Yeah, I guess I didn't explain that very well. That is the main character, who is a person with half of his face replaced with a metal plate. He's wearing a large cape thing. He does indeed have feet, but they only need to poke out a bit for the jumping animation.

Edit: Never mind, don't bother animating it. Apparently you can't even tell what he is anyway.


I want to try ☺


also, why are they 2 sprites whit different ey colors? which way are they looking at? otherwise my jump sprites would look like broken pancakes...

QwertymanO07
User avatar
Posts: 1318
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 07:58
Reputation: 377
Contact:

Post » 22 Apr 2017, 03:56

Are you okay? Why the triple-post?

Also, this project is unfortunately abandoned, as tesselode is long gone and the last post here was in 2012! Also, someone is probably going to yell at you about bumping, so be prepared.

croobos
Posts: 4
Joined: 19 Apr 2017, 08:08
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Post » 13 May 2017, 16:42

what does the word "bumping" mean??

Tecminer
User avatar
Posts: 484
Joined: 11 Jan 2014, 20:44
Reputation: 180
Contact:

Post » 13 May 2017, 17:57

Posting a response to a thread of which the latest post is older than half a year or so.

in this case over 3 years

espioner
User avatar
Posts: 117
Joined: 09 May 2015, 01:10
Reputation: 16
Contact:

Post » 13 May 2017, 21:44

W.d gaster game confirmed 100%


Return to “Game development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest