Trouble when launching Mari0

Problems running games? Right in here.
Ichostatic

Post » 09 Jan 2015, 01:21

I've been trying to launch Mari0 off of an external hard drive. It's been working fine on my computer and my laptop, but when I went to a friend's house and tried to launch it, it said something along the lines of "Could not launch the program (0xc0000022)". Does anyone know why this is, or how I can fix it?

Thank you!

Squidish

Post » 09 Jan 2015, 01:55

Is it the .love file?

JohnHOne

Post » 09 Jan 2015, 02:13

Remember that the files that come with the game is not garbage,
put theses files and throw at the game's folder(can be any folder with the game) and it no longer do that error
PrincessKiller wrote:Is it the .love file?
No,its the .exe version

Ichostatic

Post » 09 Jan 2015, 02:41

JohnHOne wrote: put theses files and throw at the game's folder(can be any folder with the game) and it no longer do that error
I'm assuming you mean the files that come with the game? All of the original files are in the folder, and the only thing I've done with them is play the game on my computer and laptop.

I don't think reinstalling it will help either, as I tried to install Trosh too and the same error happened.

Wary

Post » 09 Jan 2015, 02:47

1. Update your graphics card drivers, if they are not up to date. If they are, just do a reinstallation, just in case. Also install/update DirectX.
2. If that doesn't work, make sure certain system files (and the Mari0 executable) are not considered "infected" by your antivirus. It may happen without warning if your antivirus is set to silent.
3. If anything failed, I don't know what to do anymore.

TurretBot

Post » 09 Jan 2015, 02:54

Did you also bring the DLLs?
Also, it would probably be easier to just download a new Mari0, and take your Mari0 save folder from its LOVE folder in your harddrive, though it wouldn't be like cloud-saving (I assume this is what you're trying to do?)

Ichostatic

Post » 09 Jan 2015, 02:56

TurretBot wrote:Did you also bring the DLLs?
Also, it would probably be easier to just download a new Mari0, and take your Mari0 save folder from its LOVE folder in your harddrive, though it wouldn't be like cloud-saving (I assume this is what you're trying to do?)
I brought everything that was in the .zip file from the download.

The reason I'm trying to use a hard drive is because my friend's parents don't know the first thing about internet safety and have like 50+ things installed to prevent you from going to different websites, and stabyourself.net is blocked.

TurretBot

Post » 09 Jan 2015, 03:00

Oh, okay. Well, did you take the files out of the harddrive or are you running it directly from there?

Wary

Post » 09 Jan 2015, 03:01

and yet everyone ignores what I said precendently
1. Update your graphics card drivers, if they are not up to date. If they are, just do a reinstallation, just in case. Also install/update DirectX.
2. If that doesn't work, make sure certain system files (and the Mari0 executable) are not considered "infected" by your antivirus. It may happen without warning if your antivirus is set to silent.

TurretBot

Post » 09 Jan 2015, 03:06

Although it could be the solution I doubt he's allowed/able to do it anyway, so we can't still find out more and see if it's not something else?

Ichostatic

Post » 09 Jan 2015, 04:30

Wary wrote:and yet everyone ignores what I said precendently
His graphic card drivers are all up to date as of Wednesday, and it's not a problem with his antivirus.
TurretBot wrote:Oh, okay. Well, did you take the files out of the harddrive or are you running it directly from there?
I was running it right from the hard drive. I didn't think to try to put it on the computer because I didn't think it would make a difference. I will try that next time I go over though.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 09 Jan 2015, 11:36

Could you give us some more information about what version of Windows is used? Also, if possible, hardware specs (or a speccy log)?

JohnHOne

Post » 09 Jan 2015, 16:41

Ichostatic wrote:
TurretBot wrote:Did you also bring the DLLs?
I brought everything that was in the .zip file from the download.

The reason I'm trying to use a hard drive is because my friend's parents don't know the first thing about internet safety and have like 50+ things installed to prevent you from going to different websites, and stabyourself.net is blocked.
Try the Source version,and install löve2D 0.8.0

Love2D 0.8.0 Downloads:
64bits: https://bitbucket.org/rude/love/downloa ... in-x64.exe
32bits: https://bitbucket.org/rude/love/downloa ... in-x86.exe

Mari0 Source Download:
http://stabyourself.net/dl.php?file=mar ... source.zip

saying about "Stabyourself.net is blocked",
ESET Antivirus is stupid,try to disable temporary,and try to download the mari0 source version