Mari0 SE Beta OSX Mavericks Install Instructions?

Problems running games? Right in here.
SketchGamer404

Post » 19 Jun 2014, 03:40

I need help.

I have been digging around these forums during my little off time sporadically for a few afternoons, and I have been completely lost. It took me an eternity to find the original SE Beta download, Another few eternities to find the "right" version of everything and discover I had been completely wrong because I had to look specifically for OSX versions of both LOVE and the Beta ITSELF, AND THEN to search for OSX MAVERICKS versions because Mavericks breaks everything ever, only for it to continue to fail even after consulting instructions that often conflicted...and...ugh. I decided to delete all those trashy files I messed up myself, and start again.

I just have a few questions.

1.) Are there any up-to-date versions of Love AND the Mari0 SE Beta ITSELF that work for OSX Mavericks?
2.) Would you please provide me to a link to each?
3.) Are there any special things I need to do to set this up?
4.) THANK YOU IN ADVANCE. (I MEAN THIS EARNESTLY, I'M JUST EXASPERATED AND AGGRIVATED FROM DIFFERENT LIFE-ISH TYPE THINGS LIKE FINALS, I APOLOGIZE)

[I run OSX (Mavericks) 10.9.3, is there anything else you need?]

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 19 Jun 2014, 10:30

Löve: http://love2d.org/ (should be compatible)
Mari0 SE: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4004 (IIRC the first post link is the latest out)

Mari0Maker

Post » 19 Jun 2014, 12:35

Actually here's the latest: viewtopic.php?p=97097#p97097
You may not want to use it though, as it has a new level selector in the editor, and it is not as stable as the _7 release.

SketchGamer404

Post » 19 Jun 2014, 18:47

[img]Screen%20Shot%202014-06-19%20at%2012.22.13%20PM[/img]

(EDIT: um, imagine a picture of it working right. It really does. AWESOMELY.)

OHMYAWESOMEITSOMEHOWWORKED I AM MASSIVELY CONFUSED BUT EXTREMELY GREATFUL Thank you yay i can't wait to get experimenting with paralax and characters and yaaaaaaaaay.

HERE, HAVE A GIF OF BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH HOLDING A RAINBOW, MY TREAT.
http://giphy.com/gifs/fbXyEHrV6n2Kc

Anyway, by "less stable level editor," do you mean it crashes more, or the UI is glitchy, or all of the above?
Also, since the level files and such are all text files, will I not need to take any special actions and considerations when using/making characters and backgrounds and other misc. content because of OSX Mav?

THANKS. :3

Automatik

Post » 19 Jun 2014, 19:48

Well, the editor crash a lot, and there is that very annoying bug where you can click on the buttons to change level even when they are hidden.
And yeah, if you can run the game, you shouldn't have any problem creating characters, backgrounds, etc.

SketchGamer404

Post » 19 Jun 2014, 21:38

Also, are ORIGINAL Mari0-Type mappacks incompatible with the SE Beta? Is there a converter or way to convert them or something? They crash SE everytime I open it now.
I can't even open SE because packs for Mari0 Original crash SE EVERY time I open it, I can't even get the files out or anything.

EDIT: This is bizzare, I placed the files for 0' Brothers in the latest version of SE, had it crash before it could start, deleted it and re-unzipped the zip file only for that to crash too somehow, and then when I pull up the First Release of the Beta, it works, but already has 0' Brothers on it?!?! is Love confusing files between the 2 copies (1st & Newest versions) on my desktop?!?

I am so confuzzled.

EDIT 2: This is even weirder, I started 0' Brothers on the 1st Release Beta, and it started fine, it did the 1-1 loading screen fine, but the Actual game ran for 1 FRAME, before Crashing. I tried again and it had the same result (unlike other similar cases with the newest release, which crashed on the menu initially, but then crashed after the stabyourself logo and I couldn't do anything about it.)
Last edited by SketchGamer404 on 19 Jun 2014, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

alesan99

Post » 19 Jun 2014, 21:40

0'Brothers is for Mari0 1.6 not SE.