Forum Signatures?

Problems running games? Right in here.
skyy

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 18:12

I have made a custom signature, and uploaded it to my profiles, and made sure that I set it to show on all my posts by default.
It still won't show up on any posts.

Not only that, but I can't see ANYBODYs siganture. (if there's 1 person that even has one that is.)

Is this just a general forum bug? because there's no point to the signature tool then.

rokit

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 18:13

disabled

skyy

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 18:17

rokit boy wrote:disabled
One word answers do not help.
What is disabled? The entire signature ability of the forum?
My own options are disabled?
Is there a crippled disabled kid running around stealing people's signatures?

Camewel

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 18:18

Signatures are a waste of space. So they're disabled by Sašo himself.

skyy

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 18:22

Camewel wrote:Signatures are a waste of space. So they're disabled by Sašo himself.
Signatures are as much a waste as music is.
They are creative and can inform people how you are before reading massive posts by you.

And if he really did disable them, was there a vote for it, or is he just taking total control over it.
oh god don't hurt me.

Camewel

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 18:24

Signatures are a waste because it's the same spew of text on the bottom of every post that doesn't accurately reflect you at all. Music is nothing like signatures, that's an unreasonable comparison.

SpocKirk

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 18:25

Sašo disabled signatures on purpose as an administrative decision.

skyy

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 18:26

Camewel wrote:Signatures are a waste because it's the same spew of text on the bottom of every post that doesn't accurately reflect you at all. Music is nothing like signatures, that's an unreasonable comparison.
How is it unreasonable?
Just add a 1-line limit / 1 image limit to the signatures, or take the option for editing it off.
If it's the same 1 line of text everywhere, then obviously it's accepted by many people and deserves its notice in signatures.
Not once though, on any forum, have I seen 2 identical signatures.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 18:44

Signatures are a waste of space and only distract from the actual content. Yes I could limit how long it is and what's the size limit and all that, but I won't. However, I do not remember a time when I saw any sort of useful content in someone's signature, and believe me, I've been to a lot of forums. Consider the signature just as a way to slightly personalize your forum profile page. Use avatar for forum wide personalization. That's what it's there for.

And if you'll look at your currently set signature, you might notice that there is absolutely nothing useful in it.

They will never be enabled, not even a single line of text. End of discussion. Don't bother asking again.

skyy

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 18:50

Sašo wrote:Signatures are a waste of space and only distract from the actual content. Yes I could limit how long it is and what's the size limit and all that, but I won't. However, I do not remember a time when I saw any sort of useful content in someone's signature, and believe me, I've been to a lot of forums. Consider the signature just as a way to slightly personalize your forum profile page. Use avatar for forum wide personalization. That's what it's there for.

And if you'll look at your currently set signature, you might notice that there is absolutely nothing useful in it.

They will never be enabled, not even a single line of text. End of discussion. Don't bother asking again.
Avatars can only 'personalize' your profile to a very small extent with your limitations on them. (file size, and image size.)

Also, you obviously haven't been to that many forums. I see signatures all the time with links to topics with great mods, image-packs, maps, tricks, and such.

trosh

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 19:21

ok, it's his choice, and it makes for light design, compared to some forums with stupid 700px high colourful signatures each time some guys says "lol"